Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've told you a little about myself. Now tell me about you!

Krista & Girls
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
amanda1ann
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Hi. My name is Amanda.  I'm a mom of 2 girls, one is 2 years old and the other is 2 months.  Both have mild cases of eczema with occasionally bad flare-ups.  My oldest was diagnosed 6 months ago after I noticed a rash around her mouth that just wouldn't go away and also in her elbow and knee folds.  My youngest was diagnosed at 1 month old.  She had it worse with a rash all over her face and trunk and raw oozing areas behind her ears and in her neck fold.  With both of them I find that bathing them everyday in lukewarm water works and using soap free wash by Mustela brand called Stelatopia ( you get it at Nordstrom or Babies R Us).  I also use Aquaphor and Aveeno lotion all over their bodies.  I also believe that my youngest has a dairy intolerance/allergy because I found that by my eating of dairy still caused her to have the rashy/raw areas.  It's interesting dealing with eczema as I've never had any issues with it personally.  I just hope that they grow out of it as they get older. 

Anyways, it's nice to be a part of this group and to read about other ideas and issues that you all have.
jen_and_pat
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2007 at 4:43 PM
My name is Jennifer and my son was just recently diagnosed with ecxema on Aug. 17th. He had rashes on his tummy, arms, legs and back. They have cleared up now, but it's leaving nasty looking scars. I'm worried about his future because kids can be so cruel these days. Well, that's a little about my situation.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker The Love Of My Life
Daisypath Ticker
rainwaterlily
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM
My son (almost 5) has had eczema since he was born. It wasn't too bad at first, and is almost gone in winter, but flares up worse every summer. Everyone seems to think it should be worse in the winter since it's so dry here in WI, but no. Used to just be behind his knees, insides of the elbows, but this summer it was all over his arms, legs, cheeks and around his eyes. We've tried over the counter hydrocortisone, but it did nothing and I'm not a fan of steroids. After lots of research I made my own ointment from chickweed, olive oil, and beeswax and that keeps him moisturized. For the breakout this summer we did have to go to his dr. who said it was infected so he was on antibiotics, prescription steroid cream, and elidel for the eye area. The first night we put the ointment on he screamed and screamed from the itching and the pain, but after the initial healing it was ok. Now that he's doing some better we've stopped all that and gone back to the homemade ointment. It's really a matter of putting it on all the time, and dealing with aggravation from being outside a lot, sunscreen, or being places where people have a lot of chemicals/fragrances around. We tried an oatmeal bath when he was so bad that night (grinding up oatmeal at midnight ugh!), which helped a lot, I've got to do that more often I think to keep it under control.
mommy2seth525
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Hi everyone!  My name is Nikki and my son, Seth, has eczema.  He's 15 months old, and has had it all his life.  We treat it with Elidel, but I agree with a previous poster---it is expensive.  I'm a registered nurse working in pediatrics also, so I knew that his condition was eczema, not something else.  His worst spots are on his legs and elbows and scalp (thought he just had bad cradle cap for awhile, then realized what it really was).  Occasionally he gets patches on his back around his shoulder blades and on his hands.  He scratches a lot and refuses to leave socks/gloves/anything on his hands at night, so he sleeps in long pants and shirts (our house is really cool anyway) to keep from scratching so badly.  I'm glad there are other moms out there who have this experience also!

GypsyEyezNY
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Hi! I am new to the group. I have Eczema as well as Psoriasis. I have had it for years since I was a little girl. I hate it!!!! I think my 10 month old daughter has it too but she hasn't been diagnosed. It is always comforting to know that I am not the only one who has it and is dealing with it. Nice to meet everyone and thanks for making a group like this!

ClaireCollyer
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 11:47 PM
Hello everyone... My Name is Claire I am from NSW Australia and i am 25 years old! I have a 3 month old baby boy "Heath" who has eczema. I don't know anyone with eczema and so i am on a REALLY big learning curve!! He has a really bad patch on his forehead. It has been there since he was a few weeks old. He had a pressure mark there and it seems to be the place i can never get control of! I have tried everything... I think it's going to be a real problem and i feel bad that i am unable to get rid of it for him! When it flares up it's just ! I am sure you can all relate! Looking forward to getting to know you all and your precious families!

matsi133
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Hi my name is Cindy and my daughter Kylie who is 3 has had a mild case of eczema since she was born. Luckily for her it's only been in areas like patches found on the arms and legs.

It flares up once in a while usually when someone lets her wear perfume or puts lotion on her arms. (mind you everyone in the family knows but some still persist thinking it won't happen). Oh well.
lovemykids73
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Hi, I'm Heather.  I've had eczema my whole life, but usually am able to keep it under control if my allergies aren't too bad.  I take medication every day for allergies.  My older daughter hasn't had any eczema, but my new baby is 5-months old and she has had eczema since she was a month old.  I've been able to keep it under control with hydrocortisone 1% occasionally, and Eucerine after every bath but mine has gotten out of control around my eye area.  I'm here to find as many treatments and suggestions as I can - hopefully non-steriodal since I have been in healthcare for years and the side effects scare me....
InanimateObjxct
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 11:10 PM
Hey everybody. My name's Samantha, I live in Michigan and am the proud mommy of a beautiful baby girl named Annika.
She's my first and only, for now. I'd love to have more in the future, but not anytime soon.
She is having problems with eczema. I've got it under control, for now. But she's been getting it on and off. I'm hoping that being in this group now, I can always ask questions if it comes back.

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.. but.. how do you make a signature like you people have with the pics and stuff?
I have no idea how to do that!
InanimateObjxct
by on Oct. 22, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Hahahahah. NEVERMIND!

I figured it out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)