Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunscreens that are easy on the skin?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

We are leaving for Florida in a few days and with my daughters eczema, and having on sunscreen everyday for 10 days I know already she will be broke out like crazy. Any advise on any sunscreens that might keep her outbreak under control a little more? We try to give her a bath as soon as we come in but when we are on vacation its so hard because we stay out all day for fun in the sun and she gets so broke out. Any advise?

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wendy1466
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:24 PM
Aveeno has a new sunscreen that works for us and my friend's son that also struggles with eczema. 
mshatch0613
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:09 AM
Thank goodness for Aveeno. love their products. before u buy always ask the pharmacist if the product u have is right for ur child if u are still unsure? since every child is different.
mrztsrobinette
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Thanks I will have to check that out. I used Aveno Body wash on her one time and she started screaming and turned all red so I threw her back in the tub and rinsed her off really good. So I will talk to the pharmasist or just use a little on her to see how it works with her. She has to be washed with cetefil in the tub and then covered in Eucrine cream when she gets out. Between bath times we use the eucrine no itch, its new and works pretty good for her.

KristaB.
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Quoting mrztsrobinette:

Thanks I will have to check that out. I used Aveno Body wash on her one time and she started screaming and turned all red so I threw her back in the tub and rinsed her off really good. So I will talk to the pharmasist or just use a little on her to see how it works with her. She has to be washed with cetefil in the tub and then covered in Eucrine cream when she gets out. Between bath times we use the eucrine no itch, its new and works pretty good for her.

The Aveeno body wash you used, did it have perfume? You have to be really carefull, even with Aveeno products. I know Aveeno has a body wash that does not contain perfume. That is the one Abbie uses. She would have freaked out too with anything else.
Hope I'm not coming off "preachie". Just trying to help! =)

Krista & Girls

Dealing with eczema? Visit:  www.cafemom.com/group/eczemasupport

Heather091774
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 4:08 PM
I use the Aveeno sunscreen on both of my boys and so far I have not had any problems, It goes on really smoothly also and is not greasy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)