• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion - What's Your POV?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 495 Total Views
Are you pro-choice or pro-life? Why?

Discuss.

http://makeyourpoint.makeyourpoint2.com/index.php
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Poetmom
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 6:14 AM
I am pro life. I believe that all life is sacred, and that life begins at conception.
thejen
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 6:36 AM
I am pro life also.  I believe that every human life is sacred, no matter how small, and that just because it is inside your body doesn't give you the right to end his or her life.  Many mothers who do have abortions continue to suffer with guilt and depression, not to mention all the medical risks they took getting the procedure.  Adoption agencies are out there and so many of them take care of the pregnant moms financially,  physically, and mentally.  I am a mom who would love to adopt if I can afford it somehow.  I am sure there are so many like me out there.
klwright
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 8:40 AM
Pro choice. 
I believe it is a fundamental right of a women to decide her own reproductive future.
 I believe that women are far more qualified than anyone to decide whether they want to be a Parent, and when. 
I believe that the rights of a women supersede the rights of a fetus that is using her as ahost. 
I believe in abortions at anytime a women sees fit. 
I believe it is a private medical matter between a  woman and a doctor.
I believe it is ONLY the right of the women to decide.
I believe in abortion regardless of the reason, even as birth control.

Childbirth is far more dangerous than the abortion procedue.

if abortion is outlawed, then so too should IVF.
Gottaluvem
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Quoting klwright:

Pro choice. 
I believe it is a fundamental right of a women to decide her own reproductive future.
 I believe that women are far more qualified than anyone to decide whether they want to be a Parent, and when. 
I believe that the rights of a women supersede the rights of a fetus that is using her as ahost. 
I believe in abortions at anytime a women sees fit. 
I believe it is a private medical matter between a  woman and a doctor.
I believe it is ONLY the right of the women to decide.
I believe in abortion regardless of the reason, even as birth control.

Childbirth is far more dangerous than the abortion procedue.

if abortion is outlawed, then so too should IVF.
Ditto, klwright, I also feel that it's a sensitive subject, one that should not be Debated. There are so much other Topics fit for discussion.......This just  isn't a good one.....I mean, what about the unfortunate females, that are violated and impregnated???? Should they feel "Connected" to the "Embryo"?????? I would never want to feel as though I have no control over what goes on in MY body.....Pro-Choice all the way!
mamasophy
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 1:29 AM
I support the right to choose, but I also believe it is a life in there.  Haven't ever been in the situation to have to choose, so I can't speak for others but I have enormous compassion for anyone has been there.
mamasophy
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 1:34 AM
O yeah, one more thing:  I have a problem with late term abortions in general ever since I learned about saline abortion procedure in high school (yes, I learned all about it in Human Sexuality, in high school). 
mamasophy
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 1:36 AM
Another thing came up for me:  if you can have an abortion anytime you see fit, why can't parents have the right to infanticide?  Just being a sh#$ disturber I guess!
crzylkme
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2007 at 4:18 PM
i am a woman who not to recently found out i CAN NOT  have children and i am proud to be pro- life. besides i just adoped my two sons, life is all about choices. if a woman choses to open her legs and let a man in, pregnancy should not be a choice. sexual crimes- look to adopt out-
iamkellermom
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2007 at 7:05 PM
I think that the only time abortion should ever be used, is if any medical complications take place.  Other than that, I wouldn't suggest it.  Even a child that may have been conceived forcefully, has the right to life.  And when all is said and done, "Thou shall not murder."  

My ex husband, when I left him the second time, back in 2002, accused me of doing so, so I could get an abortion.  I was angered by this unfounded accusation.  I would never concent to this unless there was a medical problem.  And then one needs to weigh the pros and cons carefully.  I almost handed my ex his head.  

All in all it is a very hard choice for some.  My sister had one or two, and my own mother was placed into that position too.  I may not like their decision but, I still love them.  Love the sinner, hate the sin.      
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)