• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 333 Total Views
Necessary or not?

Discuss.

http://makeyourpoint.makeyourpoint2.com/index.php

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mamasophy
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:57 AM
OK, I'll go 1st.  NO WAY.  It's silly to chop off body parts, period.  This was brought to the US as a cure for masturbation, which docs thought caused disease.  Every decade has had a disease du jour, which circ has been reported to cure.  Now it's HIV.  This "research" has already been refuted by scientists who found that the foreskin "vacuums up" viruses and kills them.  But when there is a profit to be made,  there will be a concerted effort to protect the status quo.  And don't fool yourself, there IS profit to be made.  Infant foreskin - live tissue- is very valuable to companies who manufacture material for skin grafts, and they pay hospital for it.  The locker room issue isn't anymore - especially for boys born now, the circ'd ones will be the minority.  Even now, it's about 50/50 overall, with even lower #s on the coasts.  And most of the world is intact, the species survives - so the "medical" benefits don't hold up.  Oh yeah - the HIV thing - if circ prevented HIV, the US would have the LOWEST rate of HIV infection, yet we have the HIGHEST rate of the developed countries (and the highest circ rate).  So that is silly.  We could come up with reasons to chop off ANYTHING if we really wanted to.  How about boys breasts?  Men get breast cancer, they don't need breasts, cut them off to prevent cancer!  Outer ears?  Filthy!  Just a little snip...   What about that "useless"baby toe?  So easy to just nip that off after birth - quick and easy and prevents future stubbed toes and ingrown toenails!  What about our daughters' labia minora?  Surely it's neater and cleaner if that's removed, less infections, looks nicer...she'll thank you later in life!  So, in my humble opinion, leave it alone!!  In years to come, circ will go the way of routine tonsillectomies and sterilizing the mentally challenged.  Peace!
iamkellermom
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2007 at 7:27 PM

I have two boys.  One 6 1/2 years and the other 7 1/2 months.  My oldest didn't have the procedure because his father didn't want it because he wasn't.  My youngest boy did have it done becauce his father and I wanted it done.  Why?  Biblical reasons.  We aren't Jewish but we believe through our faith that this act is a sign between God and his people, as God had commanded Abraham to do.  So, it was done.  My son didn't suffer and his penis is just fine.  So, is his brothers.  

My father of 72 years had a circumcision at 68 because of his weight.  He needed to because he couldn't keep himself clean very well.   

My ex husband smelled terrible down there because he couldn't keep himself clean well enough either.  And I hated having sex with him.  

My husband, Kyland, is cut and keeps himself clean.  And he doesn't smell.  Thank God....he's just right.  Finally! lol     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)