Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

welcome

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
welcome to the group.  I created this group as a place to beam or vent about my wonderful/horrible autistic teen, and other mothers could do the same.  I hope that we can learn from eachother and help with ideas on how to help our older special angels (Yes, I know they are teen, thus devils) move out into the world.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
new421
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:56 PM
I have two teens with autism and ASD. We are constinuously struggling with social skills and a social life. I realize that these are tough years for any person this age. It would be very helpful to know what other families do for fun outside of school time.
XSPECTRUMKAREN
by on Sep. 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM
I live in South Florida. I have 2 boys who are diagnosed with ASDs. Kevin is 19 and dx with PDD-NOS. Kevin likes Anime and researching conspiracies. Don't ask me about them because I come here to get away!

Son number 2 is Christopher. He is dx with Asperger's. He doesn't like for me to tell people! He is in 11th grade now. He goes to a magnet school where he is in a computer lab for half the day. He is learning to be a programmer. He loves his computer!

We have a little dog named Cera. She's 8 years old now. The boys named her after a character in "The Land Before Time." They loved that movie when they were little.

For fun I read, swim, walk and do yoga. I also like to cook. Allen and I have been married for 29 years.

Karen
linnek
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Hi Karen,
I have a 13 y.o. autistic son who is in eighth grade.  He loves anime, video games and the computer. Unfortunately he keeps downloading video games onto our computer with viruses...groan....The magnet school sounds wonderful.  Justin has said that he would like to be a game developer.  At the moment he can't walk to his classroom by himself.  I have to walk him to class and an aid takes him to other classes, lunch and my car at the end of the day.  I don't know how he will survive high school.  If I can find a charter/magnet school that has computer classes for half the day he would be in heaven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)