Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you received any Random Acts of Kindness today?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 364 Total Views

http://www.cafemom.com/group/witsendmommies
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
numomagain
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM
No, but it's better to give than to receive.
Angiecarnick
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Well I can tell from your picture you are one Beatuiful Mommie!!! Good Job, and keep up the good work.
angie

http://www.cafemom.com/group/random.acts.of.kindness
LaPrincessa80
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 8:47 PM
Not today...But 2 weeks ago my totally self indulged brother gave me 70.00. I have been struggling this summer since my DH crashed our mini van which is what he uses to work. He installs cable. Anyway he found out our food supply was very low and he gathered up some money and helped me out. I was shocked!
amyinms
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Mine is 2 fold

Today a friend called and invited me to lunch. It wasnt a good day my autistic son had a horrible time at school and I had to pick him up. I called my fiance to let him know what happened and I wouldnt be going to lunch so he rearranged his afternoon calls so I could still go.

My friend and I had a good time I was able to vent and felt so much better and ready to take on the day :-)

Amy
MusikMama
by on Aug. 30, 2007 at 12:35 PM
My DH and I have been struggling as many of us have been, especially in Michigan, financially.  I haven't been complaining, as we always have just enough to cover what we need, and that is all I ask.  Christmas is coming up and I have been trying not to worry about it, working extra hours to put away a little extra, etc. 

Well a couple weeks ago I came home and got the mail as usual and in the mail was an envelope with my dad's handwriting on it.  It's rare I get a random note from dad, he lives in Tennessee miles away and calls, but doesn't write.....

In that card was a check for $1,000!  He had no idea I was struggling, I haven't told, I am too proud, LOL.  I cried when I called to thank him on the phone.  He just said he and his wife were very blessed this year and they wanted to share with us girls (me, my sis & ss)

My sis and I each took $100 of our gift and are giving it to our mom for a trip she has been wanting to take but is worrying about the money for.  Anf the kids got to go back to school in NEW clothes for once instead of consignment shop ones;o)  Thanks Dad!

~Kate~

http://www.cafemom.com/group/detox

http://www.cafemom.com/group/friendshipgarden

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have"

fivepack
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 9:54 PM
I haven't today but 2 sundays ago we were shopping at Kroger and we had all 5 kids with us and we kept passing the same lady and she would say stuff like "that's quite a crew"   anyway, we get almost done and we are making our way up to check out and this women runs up and shoves something in my hand and tells me that she just wanted to help us and it was a $50 gift card.  I stood in Kroger dumbfounded and in tears.  No matter what we will always have $ for food but other things may get pushed back.  Anyway, she blessed my family soo much that day.  She took off so fast I wasn't really able to say thanks.  As we were loading up the car I told DH that that was soo something my mom would do and he agreed.  I called my mom to tell her what happened and she told me about how earlier that week she gave a young couple that was struggling $100.  

DANCING
Angiecarnick
by on Sep. 12, 2007 at 6:51 PM
Wow, proud mom....What a wonderful gift from your dad.
Quoting MusikMama:

My DH and I have been struggling as many of us have been, especially in Michigan, financially.  I haven't been complaining, as we always have just enough to cover what we need, and that is all I ask.  Christmas is coming up and I have been trying not to worry about it, working extra hours to put away a little extra, etc. 

Well a couple weeks ago I came home and got the mail as usual and in the mail was an envelope with my dad's handwriting on it.  It's rare I get a random note from dad, he lives in Tennessee miles away and calls, but doesn't write.....

In that card was a check for $1,000!  He had no idea I was struggling, I haven't told, I am too proud, LOL.  I cried when I called to thank him on the phone.  He just said he and his wife were very blessed this year and they wanted to share with us girls (me, my sis & ss)

My sis and I each took $100 of our gift and are giving it to our mom for a trip she has been wanting to take but is worrying about the money for.  Anf the kids got to go back to school in NEW clothes for once instead of consignment shop ones;o)  Thanks Dad!

~Kate~

http://www.cafemom.com/group/detox

http://www.cafemom.com/group/friendshipgarden

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have"

Angiecarnick
by on Sep. 12, 2007 at 6:55 PM

This may seem silly, but it still is sweet non the less. I was emptying my cart into my car a Target and almost done when a random mom in the parking lot said "I'll take that now that your done. It saves you a trip to the cart return and it is just as easy for me to pick it up here as it is in the store." she went on to say that something a simple as this are kind gestures to one another.

Tesnonian
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 9:01 AM

We just started back to dance class recently and a Mom to two little girls in the kindergarten class gave me a hge box of Avon Samples, a box of bags and almost $200 in orders! She had been a rep too, but decided to quit last campaign and brought all of that stuff to me as she knew that I also sold Avon! I was psyched! I was nearly ready to give it all up too! Not sure how random that is, as she actually thought of me ahead of time, but I assure you .. things like that almost never happen to me! 

Kiora75
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM
The other day I had a neighbor lady stop by and invite me to her MOPS group.  It's a group of mom's with preschoolers.  I was excited and thought it would be alot of fun.  Now it's hard for me to go out and do anything without knowing someone, and that was the first time I met my neighbor.  So yesterday I decided to take a leap and go, to my suprise it was alot of fun.  I had a blast and they had it so organized and uplifting I couldn't believe what I had been missing.  There was such a huge spread of food and drinks for everyone to share and probably 50-75 moms there enjoying each other.  First off I got a traveling coffee mug for being a new person to come to MOPS, then they went around handing out various other gifts for mom's that have accomplished things with their kids in the summer, or new first time mom's or mom's that are pregnant.  How fun was this right??  Then she asks for mom's that have got their babies to sleep through the night to stand up and tell their story.  So I got up, my son started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks.  To this day he is still the same and he's 7 months.  I can put him in his crib at 8pm and he won't wake up until about 8am.  Alot of mom's we suprised and excited and with that I got some lavendar spray to spray on my pillows or sheets at night for the calming effect and a a little tea light.  Towards the end of the morning they had a huge gift basket as a raffle with alot of other fun stuff in there.  I thought sure I'll buy some tickets they were 3 for 1.00 so I bought  6.  I was one of the last people to buy tickets and there were tons in the bucket.  At the very end of the meeting, they shook the bucket 2 or 3 times and pulled out a ticket after alot of tension and excitment as she read the ticket slow and each number was one of mine.  I was thinking to myself "no way"  the last number she says is 9.  I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my gosh I thought this is unbelievable!!!!!!!  So as I looked back on my wonderful day yesterday I couldn't help but think about all the kindness that rained down on me in one morning.  I was torn about where to go that day cause I was also going to do a bible study with another friend of mine, but something told me to check this out and I did.  It was an amazingly awesome day!!  I received in alot of ways and went to bed last night feeling so wonderful and still do this morning!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)