Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Everyone

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 196 Total Views
Hello everyone, my name is April and I am new to the group. I am a stay at home mom of four and I have had a somewhat rough upbringing. When I was just 4 years old my mom left my dad and I and moved in with a man with a wife and kids. He ended up leaving his wife and they moved in together. My mother was blind and didn't realize how mean him and his children where to me. So the last day I ever seen my mother was unforgettable. She had to go to the store and I didn't want to stay with her boyfriend, so I ran after her. He stopped me and dragged me by my hair all the way back to his house and then locked me in a room until my mother came back. I have not seen or spoken to her since that day and I am 27 now, with a family of my own. I lived with many different family members over the years who loved me and cared for me. But when I was 7 or 8 years old my dad left me with a male friend who sexually abused me. I ended up telling my school, who in turn called my dad, and then I had to explain to him what had happened. He did not believe me and I never talked about it again. Till now, I have carried this around my whole life. I never really had a lot of friends because we always moved so I really don't have a support system. I suffer from depression and have anxiety and panic attacks. I have finally found someone whom I can share my feelings with and that is all of you. Thank you and I hope to talk to you all soon.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Luvforyourkids
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Sorry to hear of the hard times u have had Hope that things are going good for u know
lostangel_77
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Oh sweetie, please don't hold it in.  My dad, stepmom, and grandmother told me when i was thirteen to hush and don't speak of it again and I never did until I got with Rusty, my darling husband.  When I started telling him things, he immediately got me into counseling and I started to heal.  Slowly, but I am healing.  I have came so far.  Hell, a month ago, if someone told me I was going to start a support group, i would have laughed in their face, or screamed at them.  Please know that you are in my prayers, and that you can let it all out in here and have NO judgements passed on you.  You are beautiful, you are sweet, you are a wonderful person.  Please do not forget that.  Jackie-Group Owner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)