Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE MY BROTHER-IN-LAW

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 1102 Total Views
my son was christened on sunday, it was a beautiful service up until the end. my two in-laws sat in the church talking for a long time while everyone else waited for them outside... i think they were talking about me.
after the christening, my family throw a cookout in the park for my son. my sister-in-law told me that her brother was mad at me being his name was not called in church to be my son's god father!!!
me and him have never been close, he never wants to help me or my husband when we need it and he hasnt done anything for my son since he was born...plus, he is already my sons uncle! what more does he want?
also, what i dont understand is he is only mad at me, like i had my son by myself! why isnt he mad at my husband too? my husband is our sons father, he could of made his brother god father but he didnt.
but all the blame goes on me.
i think its stupid. i just think my in-laws never liked me and they are always trying to find ways to hurt me or be mad at me.
even my husband thinks so. what makes things worse is, we live in the same house as him, so i have to see him everyday, and everytime i see him, i get angry!

please help.
Lady J
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Gurnsy
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Sounds like he has a thing for you and resents the life you have with his brother.  Or maybe he is just an asshole.  In any case you ought to see about moving out to your own place.  Maybe you and your family need your own space.
steph5
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:07 AM

oh i hear you i have a brother-in-law that doesn't care about any thing but him oh and his beer. i never really talked to him cause if you married into the family your not really family. this holiday when every one was there i got stuck up stairs with all the kids so i went to tell my sister-in-law that her kids were going crazy and he got mad at me and in-front of every one started to scream at me i wanted to tell him so many things but he was drunk. i was so mad that i had to go back up stairs and my husband didn't know what was going on. i couldn't tell him cause we had to stay the night. to top it off we have kids the same age and they use to see each other almost every day now its been months and we live down the street from each other its really hard on the kids but thats not all he was my son's t-ball coach and 2 of there games he grabbed my little one so bad that the other mothers got mad. so he didn't like it so he didn't go any more took his kid and never came back. so i went to his house to tell him not to take it out on the kids if he has a problem with me tell me but not my kids. and his wife (that we would talk all the time) she got mad at me to she was fighting with me then my sister-in-law told me i should of let my husband handle it cause there family and i am not. i told her that i was not going to let her brother grab my son and i was not going to wait till my husband gets back in 3 weeks. why do in-laws have to be like that.

ladyjackson1554
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Quoting steph5:

oh i hear you i have a brother-in-law that doesn't care about any thing but him oh and his beer. i never really talked to him cause if you married into the family your not really family. this holiday when every one was there i got stuck up stairs with all the kids so i went to tell my sister-in-law that her kids were going crazy and he got mad at me and in-front of every one started to scream at me i wanted to tell him so many things but he was drunk. i was so mad that i had to go back up stairs and my husband didn't know what was going on. i couldn't tell him cause we had to stay the night. to top it off we have kids the same age and they use to see each other almost every day now its been months and we live down the street from each other its really hard on the kids but thats not all he was my son's t-ball coach and 2 of there games he grabbed my little one so bad that the other mothers got mad. so he didn't like it so he didn't go any more took his kid and never came back. so i went to his house to tell him not to take it out on the kids if he has a problem with me tell me but not my kids. and his wife (that we would talk all the time) she got mad at me to she was fighting with me then my sister-in-law told me i should of let my husband handle it cause there family and i am not. i told her that i was not going to let her brother grab my son and i was not going to wait till my husband gets back in 3 weeks. why do in-laws have to be like that.

i dont know, as far as im concerned most in-laws are assholes. my cousin has beautiful in-laws but he doesnt appreciate them. its a shame.
but you really should tell your husband about the situation where your brother-in-law screamed at you. dont let them talk to you anyhow and think its ok because they will never stop.

Lady J
steph5
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:01 AM
hey lady j  my husband know the story and he got mad  but she said to F----  them and he side that we just wont talk to them. thats okay with me but the thing is my kids and my brother-in-laws kids they want to see each other. and my sister-in-law keep on calling me she called my husband to ask if i am mad at her cause i don't pick up. i told my husband that i am going to tell her we'll be family when my husband is here and when he is gone for the 3 weeks we wont be family.  we use to have b.b.q about every weekend we didn't every holiday. and now just cause he was drunk and now every thing is not the same. and its sad for the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)