Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I get a phonecall. . .

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

2 nights ago. Actually it was for my 7 y/o daughter. It was a boy ( I didn't know until later in the conversation). And I hear. . .

". . .so you want me to put my mom on the phone?" there is a pause while the child on the other end speaks. I assume it's her bestie trying to sucker me and her mom into another sleepover. Then she says, "Mommy, where do you get my beads from?". Odd question since the child I think is on the phone is hispanic with really long hair and I know her mom well enough to know that she wouldn't dare bead her daughter's hair. So I ask what she was talking about. . .

"Mommy, Kareem wants to know where you get my beads from." I am shocked, never heard of this Kareem before and he wants to call my little girl about beads??? Then it comes out that Kareem's mom wants to know.

I guess the thing that shocked me is that I have no clue how that family got my phone number. No matter how hard they would have tried, they should have only gotten the phone number at bf's house b/c that's the number I give them. And how on earth did that woman know what was on my daughter's head? So I still have no clue who those people were. Since we're in the burbs, I assume it wasn't difficult for my daughter to stand out with braids and beads. And I"m hoping it was nothing more than that woman has a little girl whose hair she wanted to bead.

Hmm, so that's my weird random bead story, lol.

by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tyesmommy
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2010 at 5:19 AM

so did you find out why she wanted the beads?

Chrissy2944
by Group Owner on Oct. 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM

lol That's hilarious... though I have noticed a lot of people use their kids to get conversations about hair and race started lol

0Kit0
by Group Admin on Mar. 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM

My daughter said his mom wanted to braid his sister's hair. I didn't ask anymore questions. And I still haven't heard his name come up again so I know he's not a friend nor a bully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)