Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sam Brownback helped my family

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 8:31 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
My husband was discharged from the Navy a year and two months ago due to recurring hernias.  He was honorably discharged with no disablity.  After going through a year of hell, which involved being in litigation w/ my husband's employer due to a workman's comp injury, and NO income during this time, my husband and I decided to have him rejoin the military.  We live in a very tiny community, and after all of this, no one would hire him.
My husband decided to try for the Army this time, and attended MEPS in Kansas City, where he was approved for the Army after passing the physical there.  Then, his recruiter's commanding officer decided my husband would need a medical waiver from higher up at MEPS before he could officially sign in.  He was NOT given the waiver.  To be able to appeal it, we had to get our local congressman or senator involved.  That's where Sam Brownback came in.  I sent him an email regarding our situation, and he took care of it within a week!!!
At this time, we're still waiting on all of my husband's records to be released from the VA.  We've been waiting for 4 months.  Sam Brownback told us that if we needed his help regarding this matter in the future to contact him, and he'd do what he could to help.  We're almost ready to contact him again, and with how quickly he came to our aid last time, I know that he will again.  I think that he'd make an awesome president.  There's not too many politicians out there that actually care about the individuals they represent.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tasha_blair
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Thank you for this post. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Sam is very sincere and isn't running for president because its an honor or a supreme position. He's running because he is so passionate about this country and honestly seeking to help it. I was at his presidental announcement and he literally made me cry. Just hearing him speak made me feel that there is still hope. Anyway, we are going to do everything we can to get him elected. They (the liberal media) keeps saying that its going to come down to how much money each candidate can raise, but I say, look at what Sam has done with very little money. Its someone like that that will be able to handle the current spending and lower the defecit. I would rather have someone in office that raised less money and did more with it than raised more money and spent it foolishly.
I will pray for your family. I know how hard it is not having your husband working. My friend is in the air force and works as an air traffic controller. There is very little physical work involved. Pay and benefits are that of the military so they are doing ok. Could your husband do something like that? Whatever the situation, I know Sam will help you. Good Luck and if you need anything, you can talk to me too!
kujhawks25
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 3:44 AM

Sam is the best guy around. He's one of the few that doesn't act like he doesn't have time for you. He'll sit and chat with you and really get to know you and your situation. Everyone he meets holds a special place in his heart and he doesn't forget you when you've worked with him or really talked to him. I recently got involoved with politics because of Sam and am looking forward to working with him during his campaign. Nice to meet all of you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)