Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My success so far

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 548 Total Views
I opened a Demo account at the beginning of July.  I use Meta Trader.  What I do is, usually whenever I get up I take a look at the charts and see what the current price is and write it down.  About an hour later I look again and see if the price has gone up or down, and see if there are any good trade opportunities to get into.  If there is, then I open a trade. 

Since I'm home all day, I take a quick glance every hour to see how the trade is doing.  If the trade is up alot I move my stop loss up and stay in.  If the trade is going down then I keep a close eye on it and possibly close the trade. 

Here are the details of my trades for July:

07/02/07    Traded  gbp/usd       made  $37.00
07/04/07                    nzd/usd                        3.00
07/09/07                    jpy/usd                      -25.13
07/12/07                    aud/usd                      10.00
07/13/07                    nzd/usd                       13.00
07/13/07                    aud/usd                       12.00
07/17/07                    gbp/usd                       38.00
07/23/07                    nzd/usd                      172.00
07/26/07                    aud/usd                        19.00
07/26/07                    nzd/usd                        -21.00
07/31/07                    nzd/usd                         53.00

So for the month of July I made $297.45 from my trades, and looking back adding in interest I came out with a total of  $365.18.  As you can see I didn't trade everyday.  Two days I had a loss.  But you know, $365.18 is good money for not really doing any work!  As I learn more, and trade more, my earnings will increase.  My hubby had a trade that earned $600 in only two days.  So the potential to make great money is there, if you learn well and know what you are doing.

There are a lot of people out there who will tell you not to waste your time with Forex, you'll lose all your money blah blah blah.....
That is why you use a demo account till you get good at it...you won't lose a dime that way.   Don't lose faith in yourself, don't listen to the negativity.  Learn learn learn, and then apply that knowledge.  You really have nothing to lose.  :)
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:01 AM
So tonight I did manage to get into a trade and made $40 more bucks.  YAY! 
So my total made for July is $284.45.  I'm really liking this Forex!

My loves :)

Come visit my group  http://www.cafemom.com/group/forexmomma to learn about a completely different way to work from home.   No surveys, clicks or hits 4 pay, reading emails or ads, selling, inventory, or recruiting others.

troyluvscheryl
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:06 PM
So are you trading in a fake account still?

I played with it today... I didn't read charts or anything, but I made a total of $700.  And I made over $400 of it on one trade. 

I came back to my computer and had an o shit moment for a second, then I realized it was UP 400... SWEET!

K, I'm ready to play with real money...  it was sooo much fun!!!
LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:37 PM
LOL That is awesome!  Great job! 
It is real easy to get excited when you do great right off the bat, but you gotta remember, as easy it was to get $700 that quick, it could have went the other way.  Soooo thats why I say make sure you know what you are doing before you trade w/ real money.

Yes, I'm still using the demo account.  Hubby has the live account and I'm thinking of getting on there :)

What lot size were you trading?
I usually do .10 or .20 lot size cause i'm afraid to lose a chunk of money lol.

Come visit my group  http://www.cafemom.com/group/forexmomma to learn about a completely different way to work from home.   No surveys, clicks or hits 4 pay, reading emails or ads, selling, inventory, or recruiting others.

troyluvscheryl
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 5:54 PM
My fake account now has 51,381. in it...  I bought something, fell asleep and woke up to another huge amount....  ;-)

Yeah, it's fun playing with the fake money, but the real deal might freak me out a little.

I lost bigtime in the stock market after the Sept11.  So, I have always been reluctant to mess with it again...  But I think I'm gonna try it....
LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM

That's great.  You know you can set what is called a stop loss.  Where if the trade your in goes the opposite way of what you want, when the trade reaches the stop loss price you set, it will close the trade.  That way you don't  lose everthing.  Also, as you keep making profit while in a trade, you can move your stop loss up so even if you got kicked out of the trade you'd still make profit.
Know what I mean?
If not, I can give an example.
What currency are you trading?  I haven't gotten to trade today our stupid internet keeps going off.  argh. 

troyluvscheryl
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 11:38 PM
I'm at 51483... i had one that made 320 today... but lost on another...

I'll keep you posted..
LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 15, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Yay!  Last night I opened a trade (the pound vs the us dollar)  and made $120!

LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 16, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Holy cow.  I just had my best trade ever.  I got into the Nzd/usd trade and it dropped like a rock!  I made $405.00!  I just sat here and watched with my mouth hanging open and called to tell hubby at work! 
Now tell me this: What job could you do from home and make $405.00 in a matter of 3 hours?  Nothing I can thing of unless you are a real good sales lady or maybe a hooker LOL
 I'm so excited!

LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Aug. 30, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Yesterday I made $237.00 when I opened a trade with New Zealand dollar versus the US dollar. 
So far today the market seems to be going sideways, hopefully it will perk up this afternoon.

Tigger9705
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Hi I just joined your group. I am interested in learning how to trade with Fortex. I have never done any trading I've always been afraid of loosing all my  money. So are you trading with real money now and how are you doing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)