Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I opened a Demo account at the beginning of July.  I use Meta Trader.  What I do is, usually whenever I get up I take a look at the charts and see what the current price is and write it down.  About an hour later I look again and see if the price has gone up or down, and see if there are any good trade opportunities to get into.  If there is, then I open a trade. 

Since I'm home all day, I take a quick glance every hour to see how the trade is doing.  If the trade is up alot I move my stop loss up and stay in.  If the trade is going down then I keep a close eye on it and possibly close the trade. 

Here are the details of my trades for July:

07/02/07    Traded  gbp/usd       made  $37.00
07/04/07                    nzd/usd                        3.00
07/09/07                    jpy/usd                      -25.13
07/12/07                    aud/usd                      10.00
07/13/07                    nzd/usd                       13.00
07/13/07                    aud/usd                       12.00
07/17/07                    gbp/usd                       38.00
07/23/07                    nzd/usd                      172.00
07/26/07                    aud/usd                        19.00
07/26/07                    nzd/usd                        -21.00
07/31/07                    nzd/usd                         53.00

So for the month of July I made $297.45 from my trades, and looking back adding in interest I came out with a total of  $365.18.  As you can see I didn't trade everyday.  Two days I had a loss.  But you know, $365.18 is good money for not really doing any work!  As I learn more, and trade more, my earnings will increase.  My hubby had a trade that earned $600 in only two days.  So the potential to make great money is there, if you learn well and know what you are doing.

There are a lot of people out there who will tell you not to waste your time with Forex, you'll lose all your money blah blah blah.....
That is why you use a demo account till you get good at it...you won't lose a dime that way.   Don't lose faith in yourself, don't listen to the negativity.  Learn learn learn, and then apply that knowledge.  You really have nothing to lose.  :)
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-13):
c2cthompson
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM

This really sounds like a great idea of making money.  My question is do you actually get money when you are doing a demo account??  Also,  how many times a month do you get paid?? 

SiggybyMandyNonAnimated.jpg picture by c2cthompson  Philippians 1:6  "Be confident of this. He who began a good work in you will continue to perform it until it's perfectly complete"

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us   

LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Hi Tigger.
I am still using my demo account right now.  When we get our tax refund I'm hoping to open a live account.  Still doing good so far.  Since starting my demo account I have made $1,335.89.  Of course I haven't traded everyday or it could have been more. 
LilMommaInSC
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Quoting c2cthompson:

This really sounds like a great idea of making money.  My question is do you actually get money when you are doing a demo account??  Also,  how many times a month do you get paid?? 

It really is a good way to make money from home.   While using a demo account you do not actally get real money.  ( I wish!)  The Demo account is just a tool for you to learn what you are doing first.  When you open a live account, it is like a bank account.  You can draw out money when you want to.  The more money you leave in there, the more you will have to do your trades with, but you can get your money out if you want to.  Anytime you make a trade that you earn money on, that money you earned goes right in your account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)