Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be concerned?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 243 Total Views
My daughter was born 11/28/06 at 36 weeks gestation, and she still hasn't rolled over yet.  I have been putting her on her belly every day and she either falls asleep or screams bloody murder.  Should I be losing sleep over this or do they just learn things at their own pace?  Could I be making a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nanann8188
by Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 2:44 AM
You have a beautiful baby!!!!!!!!!!!

What I know about this situation is this.  A preterm baby will sometimes lag behind and it is no big deal because you are right - every child has their own schedule.  Also if you take away a month (22 weeks not 26 weeks) as her age then you see that she is not at all behind in most areas????

If you are really concerned consult a pediatrician.

My second daughter which was 42 weeks gestation (all my children went over) she did not even attempt to sit up until 7 months of age and then we had to "prop" her because she would tumble down and scream as though she were broken.  She was all caught up with other children her age at her second birthday.

Hope this gives you some peace and enjoy your baby....
Annette
Motherof3at21
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2007 at 12:18 AM
I  have 2 little girls so far and a little boy on the way.  Neither of my girls liked being on their bellies one bit.  as a result they didn't crawl and went straight to cruising.  My doctor and many magazine articles I have read have said that this may have to do with the fact that babies today are laying on their backs, so that is how they are most comfortable.  I don't think it is a huge problem, but if you feel you want,or need to, then definitly talk to your pediatrician about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)