Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-Sleeping

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 181 Total Views
I have a 2 month old baby girl, and she's been sleeping with us for about a month.  I know I need to get her out of this habit-at least get her to sleep in her cradle in our room...She will go to a sitter in about 2 more months, and I know the sitter won't be able to lay down with her to get her to take a nap like i do.  So, I need advice on transitioning her to sleep in her cradle or crib.  I also need advice on getting her to fall asleep on her own.  Again, I know the sitter won't have time to rock her to sleep as long as I do.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nanann8188
by Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Congratulations !!!!

I would start with nap time.  I would rock my babies and grandbabies until they became still and "that sleepy look" was on them and then I would slow the rocking and stop altogether.  Then into the crib and let the baby "fuss" until she is able to put herself to sleep.  I always rocked my babies at least for 5 mins. each sleep period and them put them down.  It was part of their bedtime routine into their second year.  After two weeks of success with naptime, then move into night time bedtime also.  Be prepared if you keep the baby in your room that the baby will disturb you with possibly waking and crying.  You will have to ignore any "fussing" that is not food or warmth or "gas".   It will take time to stop but this is a good time(2 months). 

About the sitter, find out exactly how she will handle the baby and use that as a guide.  Imagine the baby's feelings of being with someone new in a new place with a totally different routine...

Hope this gives you some idea and help you come up with a plan of your own.
Annette

EmilysMomma07
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:30 AM
Wonderful advice...Thanks!
EmilysMomma07
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:11 PM
Just wanted to bump this up and see if I can get some more advice. 

I have been getting her to sleep by either rocking or letting her lay on my chest w/her pacifier.  Then I put her in her crib for naps.  I still need to get her to fall asleep on her own.  She's so young...I hate to let her cry it out.

Please help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)