Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding help

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 173 Total Views
My little girl is almost 13 months old.  I had planned on breastfeeding her for 12 months.  But I read that you shouldn't stop breastfeeding at the same time as any other big changes in their lives.  Well she turned 1 on our family vacation and my mom had heart surgery so needless to say she has had a lot of changes.  I decided to give her a couple more months.  So here is my question:  How do I stop breastfeeding?  In the couple months prior I tried cutting back the number of times a day I breastfeed her but then she just wont drink anything.  I can tell her no or make substituitions with anything else but she will not budge on this.  I had to go back to work when she was 3 weeks old and she refused to eat while I was at work.  She will take a bottle/cup now from other people but not if i am around.  The only other thing I have ever heard of is to leavethem with someone else for a couple days but I can't do that.  I can't even leave my kids to go out for a couple hours.  I work full time so i just dont get enough time with them as it is.  Any suggestions?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jaelynn07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:54 PM
I don't know if this will help any...my daughter was the same, wouldn't take a bottle, cup, nothing.  I had to stop breastfeeding two months ago, I had no choice really, so anyway...every day I would try a sippy cup, she wouldn't take it.  I even put the cup up against my breast and held her like she was breastfeeding, she would take some sips and then stop.  I did this for about three weeks I would say.  One day I didn't breastfeed her immediately in the morning, so she was really hungry and slipped the cup in her mouth; she finally drank from the sippy cup...she didn't want me after that.  I guess my point is, if she doesn't take the sippy cup or bottle from you now, she may on another day, just be consistent and keep trying.  Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)