Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2008 idea for convention destination

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 587 Total Views
Just thought id give my input as the group creator..
I think we should do a cruise because it will be easier on all us who plan it.. and it will make sure that all moms will know what the total fees will be.

Reasons we should do a cruise-

1. We can get group rates
2. All the entertainment is provided free
3. all meals provided
4. we get to travel
5. Free meeting areas for all us to do stuff
6. they arent that expensive

When you think a cruise is expensive its not!
Think about it..
If you stay in a hotel for 5days.. say you share the expense of 1 room with 1 other person.. the average cost is what $120.. a night.. which is about average..
so then that would be say a 5 night stay .. would be costing you $300..

But then you had to buy all your food .. which lets say there was a free contentenal breakfast.. but then you had to buy lunch and dinner..
Average lunch- $10
and Dinner average- $15
$ 25 a day.. = about $125 for those 5 days .. which is cheap!

then you pay to go to a club say 2 nights.. and the movies 1 night just say!
So that would be
about $30 not including the popcorn, alchol or anything like that-- then with the alcohol and popcorn = $45

Plus transportation to those areas.... say thats $25- for a taxi, or gas or whatever it may be.. 

And the gas toget to the location to leave- $60

so your looking at about
$550.. or so ...

But if you think about it with  a cruise its all included plus international travel....

All you'd have to get is your passport which is fast and easy to get.. and only costs about $50.. or less..

Tell me what you think?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherof2
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM
I think that its a great idea however I dont know if my hubby would let me go on a cruise without him! Also I think that we should try and do something that everyone can afford. But I am so for a cruise!!!
livytwo
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I'm with motherof2...not only would my hubby have a fit (we've never been on a cruise or anywhere really so the first time I do get to go better be with HIM) but we just don't have the money to go...we struggle every month with bills, food, gas etc. We get by but that's about it. There is NO WAY I could afford to go somewhere like that not to mention leaving my kids behind!!! I would LOVE to meet everyone and get to know you all but this is not something I can do. So you all have fun without me:{

Misty
VivianasMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:11 PM
It sure does sound good but I don't think I would be able to do anything like that since money is tight. Also I am with the other ladies I think Hubby would a fit if I went on a cruise and he did not.
Our friends ordered passports and it cost them $100. They ordered it 3 months before the trip they were going on and they did not get them in time and they did not get to go on their trip. They still had to pay for the rooms and everything. It sucked!
Sfaul
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:27 PM
i wouldnt be able to go in a cruise. $ is very tight right now and i could possibly be able to do something else but, I wouldnt be able to go if it costs anywhere close to $500 or more. I would love to go but, I also dont think I would be able to be away that long either.
Lvscreamer
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Quoting motherof2:

I think that its a great idea however I dont know if my hubby would let me go on a cruise without him! Also I think that we should try and do something that everyone can afford. But I am so for a cruise!!!

I think we should bring the DH
We should not be going across country to meet others we don't know alone..

Lvscreamer's Groups!

Lucas Rocks 

Toledo Motorcycle Riders

Northwest Ohio comes together

MEAN MOMMA'S

911 Victums

HeadMutha
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM

just to let you know there is a vegas trip already planned in 2008. I think in march.  Check groups "annual vacation"

mom2blazenace
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:47 PM
That is not going to work because there will be a lot of mothers who get sea sick, cannot swim, or are scared of large boats... Although, that was a wonderful idea you're going to have to stick to something else ... and just setting up a place and then letting everyone else take care of themselves ... for instance I thought Gatlinburg was a wonderful idea  and all you would have to do is say .. we are going to Gatlinburg on such and such date and here are the hotels closest to the convention center where we will be meeting ... cost to enter the center is $10 per mom and is solely used to cover renting costs... then everyone is responsible for themselves and you have alot less to worry about... you should make a convention committee so that you are not the only one making the decisions because I am sure you will get stressed out going at it alone.

best wishes and i am willing to do anything to help.

ashley
jharve
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM
I so need a vacation!!!  I think it is a great idea!
YamiMommy
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:26 AM
can't do a cruise! not ready for that (scared) , hubby would be so dissapointed, can't really afford it, and the list goes on... Gatlinburg is great cause with group rate you can get a room with a group discount for cheap... and MY HUBBY WORKS AT FAIRFIELD RESORTS IN SEVIERVILLE (like 15 minutes grom gatlinburg) so he might be able to pull some strings! and it's all one huge tourist area. AND if you come around March or April it's slow season so you can stay for really cheap. Ang Gatlinburg has a really nice convention center. I have more but i am trying to breastfeed and it's hard to type with my left hand :)

asianbtttrfly
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Yeah, if I go on a cruise for the first time, my hubby better be with me.  Also, I couldn't afford it.  The only way I would be able to go is if it's close by to where I live...not in the same state, but one where I can drive. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)