Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little about me...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 92 Total Views
My daughter was born at 34 weeks and lived in the NICU for 2 weeks before she got to come home. She was born with sydactyly of her left hand which means that her fingers didn't separate from each other. It kind of looks like she has a mitten on with the thumb sewn to the other part. We are so fortunate to be going to Shriners Hospital for Children in August for her first surgery! After surgery #1 she'll have a pinky and a thumb! They won't be able to give her a middle finger so she'll only have three fingers and her thumb, but hey, a thumb is really all she needs! We were denied for SSI after appealing the first denial. They say that her condition isn't severe enough. Oh well. She's healthy, her learning and development are on track and she's already weaned herself off of the bottle (at 10 months.) I know that one hand problem isn't close to some things that other children have, but I couldn't find any support online for parents going through these trials in their lives. Please let me know if there's anything that I can help you with!
Sarah
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)