Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about clients.

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

What is a realistic number of clients to have in a year? a month? as a beginner how many should you expect to have and be able to handle? What seems like a peek number for experienced doulas?

Sorry for all the questions, lol. And I'm not specifying what kind of doula because I'd to hear answers from from all kinds.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Melamma
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally feel it all depends on your situation. I have been a Birth Doula for 8 years. In those 8 years I have attended 19 births. Although i'd love to have attended more, in those 8 years i've had four children. I breastfeed and can not leave my children for very long. So as you can see, I take less clients then say, those who don't have children. I am not advertising, so I get clients by word of mouth. So far this year I have three clients. The number probably won't rise as I am due with #5 in July. I have a Doula friend who is single with no kids and she has been a Birth Doula for about 12 years. In those 12 years she has attended at least 4-5 births a month. I would be doing that if not for the fact that I am raising a family. So, it kinda all depends on the person and their situation.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM

From the other doulas I have talked to, and from my very limited experience, I think 2 a month is about enough if you have little ones of your own at home. It depends on your support system and how far you have to travel though.

angelamiles05
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I have taken on about two a month. As long as they are two or more weeks apart on their EDD. It seems to work for me. I started just over a year ago first doula baby was born on 3/1/12... and I have had 6 clients. Hope that helps. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)