Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Doula

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 10:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 223 Total Views
Hi all. My name is Kelly and I am 24 from VA.  I am attending my birth doula workshop through DONA this weekend.  I love it, I am actually bummed tomorrow is the last day.  I have witnessed 2 live births , not including my own.  I am VERY passionate about birth but more so postpartum, which is my next certification.  I plan on getting my LC certification through cappa, and plan on focusing soley on postpartum and establishing a good breastfeeding  experience for mom.  I am stoked to have found this group and look forward to swapping advice and war stories with all of you.
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mammasgirl
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:15 AM
Just wanted to say hi kelli, Have you gone on to the DONA  web site into the forum yet? It is a great place to ask questions and have doulas from all over respond. I have learned so much from it! I just got my training done in Jan . I have not done any birhs yet but I do have a client due May 8th. It is so great to be able to help other women through such an important part of their life. I have been to 5 other births besides my own and can't wait to use the tools I have learned! chat later I hope! Deana
Miette
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Hi Kelly,

Welcome!  I'm also a DONA trained doula and was a doula trainer for ODIS (organization for doulas in scandinavia).  It's great to meet you.  Good job on ahceiving your goals and enjoying the workshops...aren't they fun?

-Miette
Mothergoods
by Member on Apr. 5, 2007 at 4:41 PM
It really was fun!! I told my instructor that there was noway i could have stayed in a room that long unless we were talking about that subject!!!  I with for sure have to check out DONAs forums!! thanx for the tip ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)