Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The bickering is getting old

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 372 Total Views

Amy is just mean.  Its a power struggle that she seems to have to win constantly.  Matt gives in eventually which makes her happy.  These bickering shows are getting old. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lrose57
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Agreed... you are married, Amy... give and take... you can't be the bully and get your way all of the time.... You married Matt.... so you have to deal with his "largeness" if that is a word... or just work on how to spend your money the wisest and not vacation 5 or 6 time a year....

The kids are running over you and you are the parents and the children should not have a say if they should go on the vacation or not...."We are going on vacation, get packed..." no questions asked.  Just pick a place that everyone will enjoy.  Parents are in charge....

atlmom2
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I agree.  Plus, this was a spring break vacation.  Amy had to know when spring break was.  IF my husband's work would make him work on spring break, heck yes, I would be taking a vacation with the kids without him and he wouldn't be complaing, just complaining he couldn't come because of work but not blaming me for going without him.  Amy needs to grow up. 

Quoting lrose57:

Agreed... you are married, Amy... give and take... you can't be the bully and get your way all of the time.... You married Matt.... so you have to deal with his "largeness" if that is a word... or just work on how to spend your money the wisest and not vacation 5 or 6 time a year....

The kids are running over you and you are the parents and the children should not have a say if they should go on the vacation or not...."We are going on vacation, get packed..." no questions asked.  Just pick a place that everyone will enjoy.  Parents are in charge....

copperpenny1954
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Mat is trying to take a role of some sorts in his kids lives and Amy feels threatened.  She has made so many comments like, "I've been doing their schedules for 18 yrs, I know what they're doing", "all of a sudden Matt wants to be a Dad". Very cruel comments from her.  She needs to stop. 

kensjo
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I love the show but the last couple have been really depressing...  I am sure they are editing the show and it makes amy look bad but sometimes my heart bleeds for Matt.  He tries so hard to make everyone happy. I doubt he is much different than he was when she married him.  He was a dreamer back then and he is a dreamer now.  I agree that she feels threatened. SHe should be taking advantage of him being home and let him carry some of the burden. 

But marrage is like a roller coaster, sometimes you are going up hill and things are hard but then j ust as quickly you go down hill and life is wonderful. Let's just hope this is one of their 'uphill' times and it will work it's way out.  Amy needs to stop talking like they are going to go their ' seperate ways' and work on things.  It makes me crazy when people cant see how blessed they are.

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

atlmom2
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM

No show next week the week after we get even more bickering.  I will soon toon out if this is all they are going to show.  I can watch that stuff on Jon and Kate reruns.  Kate is just like Amy. 

polirishmomma
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM

i think they are both at fault. you are looking at two people who no longer communicate effectively. and he was a bit of a dick to go on vacation on mothers day. i feel bad for the kids, having to choose between them. and yes it is starting to go the way of jon and kate. i just wait for the duggars on tuesday now.

atlmom2
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I think part of Matt's problem is he sees his health failing and wants to do whatever he can do now.  Amy can't seem to see that.  Or maybe she doesn't care. 

Quoting polirishmomma:

i think they are both at fault. you are looking at two people who no longer communicate effectively. and he was a bit of a dick to go on vacation on mothers day. i feel bad for the kids, having to choose between them. and yes it is starting to go the way of jon and kate. i just wait for the duggars on tuesday now.

double2trouble
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I sometimes think that TLC makes them do this so they can get ratings.  This is the exact same way that Kate treated Jon and that got a lot of attention why not make another show just the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)