Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know anything about freezing cookie dough?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

i'm going to make a batch of cookies from scratch but only need half or less. do i freeze the leftover cookie dough or do i make cookies from it first then freeze those?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
faeryheart
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:57 AM

you can freeze cookie dough, just wrap it first in plastic (saran) wrap, then aluminum foil. i do this all the time!mummy 

snoober_k
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

sweet thanks!

stepmominhell
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

This works well.  I do it alot.  It makes it so much easier if you don't want to make all the cookies at once.  I've also wrapped them in saran wrap, then put them into a ziplock freezer type bag.  Just make sure to label it with the date so you know how long it's been in the freezer.

Quoting faeryheart:

you can freeze cookie dough, just wrap it first in plastic (saran) wrap, then aluminum foil. i do this all the time!mummy 

rkoloms
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I never bake a batch of cookies. I freeze the dough in balls and bake a few in the toaster oven. They keep for several months.

Robin in Chicago

ninipanini
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I put them in the fridge, wrapped tight, and use the dough within a few days.  Or like everyone said, if not that soon, wrap the dough tightly and freeze it.  I thaw the dough in the fridge before cutting it. 

ninipanini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)