Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chicken dinner PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 211 Total Views

im so proud of myself ladies! i made an awesome dinner the other night off the top of my head. so i figured i would come here and share it since i just usually get recipes and help on here. and some people may already have posts about this but i never saw one so here it is.

2 chicken breasts, cut in half   (or more but that was enough for us)

3 medium sized potatoes

1 can of french style cut green beans (im sure you could use some fresh ones also)

i can cream of mushroom

1/2 to 1 whole cream of mushroom can of milk

salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder

i sliced up my potatoes into little round slices and layered them in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. i overlapped them a little to get a bit of extra food in there. i then sprinkled them with salt and pepper (i also drizzled some olive oil on top of them but i dont think this is really needed). next i threw a bit of salt and pepper and onion and garlic powder on the chicken breasts and placed them on top of the potatoes. then i dumped the can of green beans on top of the chicken, and prly about half the liquid from the beans. then i mixed the cream of mushroom with about half to a whole can (soup can) of milk. and then finally i poured that on top of the whole dish. you may want to sprinkle abit more of the seasonings on top if you went light on them. throw that baby in the oven at 375-400 degrees for around 45 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked all the way and no longer pink) and you have a wonderful meal!!!!

i hope you guys enjoy. and any questions, just ask me. this is one of my first times writting a recipe so it may sound a bit crazy. lol

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
racergirl7
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM
that sounds really good! i was just trying to figure out what to make for dinner (debating between pork chops and chicken) and i think i might have to try this!!!

mommatess74
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

its really yummy and simple! i hope you enjoy! and i am totally glad that i can help others out with dinner cause everyone always helps me out! and you know what i think i am going to make some pork chops tonight. you do the chicken and i'll do the pork chops. :)

proudnewmommyy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

This sounds really good, I'll def be making it. Just wondering, how thick you sliced the potatoes?? Thanks for the recipe!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
mommatess74
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

well i was trying to kind of slice them "thinner" but i cant do anything evenly to save my life, but they were all different sizes maybe the thickest being... maybe1/2" thick. some were thinner but most were thicker then au gratin potatoes, but they just were very tender (even the thicker ones) in the end. basically falling apart but not just mush!

racergirl7
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

so, i made it for dinner tonight.  i cooked it at 400 for 45 mins and the chicken was still pink.  i put it back in for another 20 mins and the chicken was perfect, but some of the potatoes were still a little hard (maybe tonight was just a bad night for me to cook, lol)  i put fresh onion in instead of powder (becuase i LOVE the taste of cooked onions) and added a little mrs dash and i think it turned out great!  i am actualy thinking about making it with pork chops too (i make pork chops with stuffing that is made with the CoM and i love them).  now if only my daughter would have ate it that would have made it even better!!

mommatess74
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM

sorry to hear about the potatoe problem. maybe a bit thinner ones next time? and yea i was going to do the fresh onions but got lazy and company as i was making it so.... but i am glad you liked it! and it may have taken me close to an hour but hubby watched it for me as i left to go feed my sisters dogs so...  oh and maybe the olive oil is needed on top of the potatoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)