Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

left over steak

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

what shoudl i make with it? nothing with peppers or onions (fajitas), DH is picky.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
love741
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM

stir fry...

or my favorite is making steak nachos!!... hmmm, if i think of anything else i'll come back and add it  :)

mom2b5-28-09
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Quoting love741:

stir fry...

or my favorite is making steak nachos!!... hmmm, if i think of anything else i'll come back and add it  :)

i love stir fry! but unfortunately, again, DH is soooo picky. i hate it. i love all food and he's a steak and potatoe kind of guy. oh and corn woo hoo, who doenst like corn lol!

lcbinpc
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

you could cut the steak into slices and put in a baking dish, add some canned tomatoes-whatever flavor you want cover and bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes or so. Can serve over rice. Or cut into slices, add a little water and cook to get them tender add some cream of mushroom soup, serve with rice or noodles-kind of like a stroganoff.

If your husband is a steak and potatoes kind of guy: cut steak into slices or chunks, peel and slice potatoes-kind of thin, and shredded cheese-whatever kind you like. Spray baking dish with cooking spray, put a layer of potatoes down, a little seasoning, meat and cheese-you can even do mushrooms, and then do another layer of potatoes, meat and whatever else you're using. Just make sure you end with a layer of potatoes on top-season and cover. Bake @ 350 for about 40 minutes-or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, top with cheese and return to oven to melt.

SammyPetals
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I served my guy leftover steak with a well done egg on top and some fresh biscuits....he didn't say a word.  Just ate!

Mariedchk
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Whenever we have leftover steak, I make my kids steak n cheese subs! I toast the steak roll, heat up the meat, put on warm rolls and melt provolone cheese over the steak. Add whatever you want to it, mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato..... also make fried, tots, whatever! It's always a hit!

daycaremama
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Since your DH is picky...and hes a steak and potato kind of guy...Make steak and potato burrito's...Steak, potatoes, lots of cheese...YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!   I would add green pepper and onion to mine though...LOL!!

Good luck...I live with picky eaters too!!!

pinup
"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere."  Marilyn Monroe

sweetmelissa77
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Make up some scrabbled eggs & shredded hasbrowns. Cube up the steak. Mix all three ingredients together for a breakfast hash! You can also sprinkle w/ cheese or top with ketchup.

scrap728
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Make a salad, cut up steak add veggies that he likes in his salad and then cover with  cesaer salad dressing and grated cheese or feta cheese....My husband is a picky eater and loves this but without feta............ 

mareksmama
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Whenever we have leftover steak, I slice it up and reheat it in a frying pan with a little olive oil and seasonings.  I think it's called flash frying...takes only a minute or two.  It's so delicious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)