Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searching for specific recipe! I know all or most of the ingredients just not amounts and prep.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

Here's the thing, I found this recipe in one of those little cook books that you find in the grocery store checkout lines quite a long time ago (probably about 10 years ago) that I just fell in love with. My roomate that I lived with at the time threw out the book one day without telling me about it and the recipe was gone forever! I am thinking it was most likely a Betty Crocker recipe because I think those books are all Betty Crocker. I remember all or most of the ingredients, I just do not remember the amounts and cook times or preparation. I have always thought about this recipe over the years wishing I could make it. Anyway, I did a Google search today and tried recipe finders and such to no avail. I will list the ingredients that I can remember below, if it seems familiar to you or if you know of it or even have it please give it to me. I would greatly appreciate it. It is a pretty simple recipe, I just  refuse to try making it and mess it up.

It is a casserole dish! The ingredients that I can remember are ham (cut in cubes), bag of mixed frozen veggies, cream cheese and corn bread mix is used as the topping. I know it's pretty simple sounding but there was a certain way that the sauce was made with the cream cheese that was just sooooo good! It's kind of like a fancy pot-pie. Any help or suggestions will be SO appreciated, thank you!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jules5077
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Sorry I don't know, but here's a bump for ya! 

Quote for the day:
'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.' 
So - if you give her crap, you will receive more shit than any one human being can handle!

lcbinpc
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 9:11 AM

could this be it? I googled betty crocker chicken cornbread recipe, this was the first one to come up...

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/cornbread-topped-chicken-pot-pie/16ae31b0-32dc-41b8-ac23-4c277b2306ae

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 jar (12 oz) chicken gravy
1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Total Time: 1 hour 5 min
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is brown.
2. Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Meanwhile, place vegetables in colander. Rinse with hot water until thawed. Remove chicken mixture from heat. Stir in vegetables and sour cream; keep warm.
3. In medium bowl, mix cornbread and muffin mix, milk, butter and egg with spoon just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Spoon chicken mixture into baking dish. Drop batter by spoonfuls around edges of warm chicken mixture. Sprinkle cheese over batter.
4. Bake uncovered 20 to 22 minutes or until cornbread is deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Michele79
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Try recipezaar.com I believe they also have a section where you can post to find lost recipes like that.

ninipanini
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Did you find what you were looking for?    I would just toss a bunch of stuff together and see what happens.  If that's too vague, definitely try one of these suggestions from these ladies above.  Whichever you do  let us know how it turns out.

ninipanini

truthteller0722
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Quoting lcbinpc:

could this be it? I googled betty crocker chicken cornbread recipe, this was the first one to come up...

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/cornbread-topped-chicken-pot-pie/16ae31b0-32dc-41b8-ac23-4c277b2306ae

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 jar (12 oz) chicken gravy
1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Total Time: 1 hour 5 min
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is brown.
2. Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Meanwhile, place vegetables in colander. Rinse with hot water until thawed. Remove chicken mixture from heat. Stir in vegetables and sour cream; keep warm.
3. In medium bowl, mix cornbread and muffin mix, milk, butter and egg with spoon just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Spoon chicken mixture into baking dish. Drop batter by spoonfuls around edges of warm chicken mixture. Sprinkle cheese over batter.
4. Bake uncovered 20 to 22 minutes or until cornbread is deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No, that's not it but thanks for trying!

BunnyBlum
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Maybe??

Veggie Casserole

Ingredient List: 

2 (10-ounce) packages frozen vegetables (1 cauliflower and 1 mixed vegetable or 1 large bag of assorted vegetables.)
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
salt
pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cornbread crumbs mixed with 1 stick of melted butter (for topping)

Step 1:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2:  Thaw and cook the frozen vegetables and drain them in a colander. Place in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish. 

Step 3:  In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons butter until it makes a smooth paste.  Stirring constantly, slowly add 1 cup milk and bring to enough of a boil to make a medium thick white sauce. Flavor with salt and pepper.

Step 4:  Remove the white sauce from the stove and stir in the 4 ounces of cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and smooth with no lumps.

Step 5: Pour this mixture over the vegetables and stir together. 

Step 6: Sprinkle the shredded sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the vegetables.

Step 7: In the microwave or in a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter and stir in the cornbread crumbs. Sprinkle the buttered cornbread crumbs over the top of the vegetable casserole. 

Step 8:  Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly, about 30-40 minutes. 

truthteller0722
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Quoting BunnyBlum:

Maybe??

Veggie Casserole

Ingredient List: 

2 (10-ounce) packages frozen vegetables (1 cauliflower and 1 mixed vegetable or 1 large bag of assorted vegetables.)
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
salt
pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cornbread crumbs mixed with 1 stick of melted butter (for topping)
Step 1:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2:  Thaw and cook the frozen vegetables and drain them in a colander. Place in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish. 

Step 3:  In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons butter until it makes a smooth paste.  Stirring constantly, slowly add 1 cup milk and bring to enough of a boil to make a medium thick white sauce. Flavor with salt and pepper.

Step 4:  Remove the white sauce from the stove and stir in the 4 ounces of cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and smooth with no lumps.

Step 5: Pour this mixture over the vegetables and stir together. 

Step 6: Sprinkle the shredded sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the vegetables.

Step 7: In the microwave or in a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter and stir in the cornbread crumbs. Sprinkle the buttered cornbread crumbs over the top of the vegetable casserole. 

Step 8:  Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.  

That sounds pretty darn close to what I am looking for although mine is made with actual cornbread  as topping and not crumbs but I may try it anyway. Thank you!!!!!

t00cute
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM

tryed to paste the recipe but couldnt.but look up leftover  ham and cornbread casserole on cooks.com.sound simmiliar

Quoting truthteller0722:

Here's the thing, I found this recipe in one of those little cook books that you find in the grocery store checkout lines quite a long time ago (probably about 10 years ago) that I just fell in love with. My roomate that I lived with at the time threw out the book one day without telling me about it and the recipe was gone forever! I am thinking it was most likely a Betty Crocker recipe because I think those books are all Betty Crocker. I remember all or most of the ingredients, I just do not remember the amounts and cook times or preparation. I have always thought about this recipe over the years wishing I could make it. Anyway, I did a Google search today and tried recipe finders and such to no avail. I will list the ingredients that I can remember below, if it seems familiar to you or if you know of it or even have it please give it to me. I would greatly appreciate it. It is a pretty simple recipe, I just refuse to try making it and mess it up.

It is a casserole dish! The ingredients that I can remember are ham (cut in cubes), bag of mixed frozen veggies, cream cheese and corn bread mix is used as the topping. I know it's pretty simple sounding but there was a certain way that the sauce was made with the cream cheese that was just sooooo good! It's kind of like a fancy pot-pie. Any help or suggestions will be SO appreciated, thank you!!

BunnyBlum
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Oh it is cornbread, just crumbled and mixed with melted butter, I guess that part isn't quite clear, stinkin internet! LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)