Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must bake holiday Cookies...what's yours?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 526 Total Views

What are your families favorite holiday cookie. I saw someone posted this back in Nov. but no one responded. Ours is Eggnog cookies. There awesome!!!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fryshannon34
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Every year I make cookie trays for family and a couple of neighbors.I do something different evry year,but the one cookie that is on there every year is cut out sugar cookies.I make them with my kids and they decorate them.They love it!

PamR
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM

This is a bar cookie my grandmother used to make.  She called them Hello Dollies, although I have also seen them called Magic Cookie Bars.  They're very easy to make and so good, but don't even think about the sugar/fat/calories in these things!

1 stick of butter

2 cups crushed graham crackers

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup coconut

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Put the stick of butter in a 13x9 inch cassarole dish, and put in oven to melt.  When it has melted, remove from oven and add the graham cracker crumbs.  Stir until crumbs and butter are mixed and form a crust.  Add chocolate chips, coconut and pecans to top and then pour the can of sweetened condensed milk on top.  Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until top is  nicely browned.  Let cool, cut into bars and enjoy.

BaBeezandMe
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Every year I bake cookies and the ones that I do are chocolate chip cookies, walnut snowball cookies, sugar cookies, butter spritz cookies and I just tried an easy peanut butter kiss cookie which came out wonderful. 

Hugs,  Jeanne

bookdragon
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM

My families favorite holiday cookies are my Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I use the basic choco chip recipe, double it, and add 4 packages of chips. For the holidays I use semi-sweet, white, peppermint, and creme de menth. They usually end up being about 4 inches across and 2 inches tall. My entire family loves them.

When life gets tougher then you think you can handle, pull up your bootstraps, tighten your belt, fix your cap & soldier through. Happy Holidays, Ladies. Good Luck,Take Care,Goddess Blessings.

angelBookdragon

milksmile
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I'm going to have to try this, it sounds yummy.

Quoting bookdragon:

My families favorite holiday cookies are my Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I use the basic choco chip recipe, double it, and add 4 packages of chips. For the holidays I use semi-sweet, white, peppermint, and creme de menth. They usually end up being about 4 inches across and 2 inches tall. My entire family loves them.

When life gets tougher then you think you can handle, pull up your bootstraps, tighten your belt, fix your cap & soldier through. Happy Holidays, Ladies. Good Luck,Take Care,Goddess Blessings.

angelBookdragon

Lorlei
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I like to make banana bread, brownies, thumbprints, snowball cookies, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter, oh yea and sugar cookies with my own made frosting for them.

jollilolli
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

My all time favorite is no bake chocolate/peanut butter/oat cookies.  My husband always has to have snickerdoodles so I make those too.  I also like the peanut butter ones with the hershey kiss in the middle.

VanBurren
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Hi there, everyone!  A newbie here. . .  My favs to make are poundcake cookies, Russian tea cakes, butterscotch chip and good old fashioned oatmeal cookies!  My mom always makes a couple batches of peanut butter cookies and her infamous applesauce cookies.  Yum!   

laura736
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 6:52 AM

every year my mom and my sister and i get together to bake cookies all day. this year im making soft pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies.

jenn75
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I do what people in our family call "crunch".

Chocolate Toffee Crunch

1 column Saltine crackers

2 sticks salted butter

1 cup light brown sugar

12 oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate morsels( I use Nestle)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Layer Saltines on a foil-lined 15X10 pan.  Boil butter and sugar for 3 minutes.  Pour or spoon melted butter-sugar mixture over the saltines and spread gently so it covers them all.  Bake at 400 for 7 minutes (watch carefully).  Remove from oven and spread the chocolate morsels over the top of the hot saltine mixture. (I use the back of a spoon.) Do this immediately so the chocolate will melt with the heat of the liquid-hot mixture…I just open the oven door and pull the rack out and spread it while it’s on the oven door.

Let cool to room temperature, then cool in refrigerator. Peel foil off the back, break into pieces and enjoy!

Also somthing we don't have a name for except~ chocolate p-nut butter cookies

make p-nut butter sandwiches with ritz crackers

lay them out on wax paper

cover with melted chocolate

I also put a little dab of chocolateunder cracker before putting some on top& around sides so it's compleatly covered

let cool then put in refrigerator to cool

after they've hardened you can peel them off the waxpaper & enjoy

Jennifer 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)