Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a Recipe for Porl Top Sirloin Roast..

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

I want to cook this for dinner. So can someone help me? :o)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Hotjeepgal
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:10 AM

This is going to sound like too much work but silly enough I have done it thre times and it turned out a gorgeous, amazing steak.  I hate to brag but man oh man, try it.  Don't throw Top Sirloin in the crock Pot.  Read all the directions and you'll see its wordy too. 

Directions

1. After breakfast on the day you're entertaining, prepare the tri-tip using whatever rub or marinade you prefer. I like to use coarse sea salt (applied heavily) along with whatever rub I've chose. For the plain version my Dad prefers, it's just the coarse seal salt and some fresh ground pepper. After rubbing/marinading, put each tri-tip into a large Ziplock-style plastic bag, remove as much air as possible, seal it, and put it back in the refrigerator. Have a nice day!
  2. When you're ready to cook, here's the drill. Allow an hour from this point to serving.
  3. Take the tri-tips out of the refrigerator and their Ziplock bags and begin letting them warm to room temperature. Place the tri-tips into a suitable oven roasting pan (I prefer to use Pyrex baking dishes because they clean up so readily!) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
  4. When the oven's warmed up to 450 degrees, put the roasts into the oven and roast for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
  5. Open the oven and cover the tri-tips with aluminum foil. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and roast for 15 minutes.
  6. Open the oven and remove the foil. Continue roasting at 350 degrees for a final 15 minutes.
  7. At this point, the meat has roasted for a total of 40 minutes and should be just right for medium-rare -- but you can't serve it yet. Remove the tri-tips from the oven and re-cover with foil. Let them sit for 15 minutes outside the oven.
  8. Now they're ready! At 55 minutes from when you started, remove the foil, place a tri-tip on a cutting board and slice 1/4 inch slices diagonally across the grain. Each slice will end up being 1-4 inches in length. Serve on a platter with accompanying sauces - BBQ sauce, steak sauce are good to have along side.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)