Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you like cabbage?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

Then try this- its great!

1/2 large head of cabbage, shredded

1 lb ground beef

1 medium onion

1 can campbells selects tomato soup

salt and pepper

hot cooked rice

Put the cabbage in a bowl and add a touch of water- microwave for 6 minutes. Meanwhle, brown the beef and onions. Add the tomato soup and salt and pepper to taste. Spray a 13x9 glass pan with Pam, add half the cabbage. Place 1/2 the beef mixture ontop. repeat layers. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. serve with the rice. Yummmmy!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaTT68
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Sound's really good.I love cabbage! I love fried cabbage and grilled whole cabbage stuffed with sausage.Core out middle,stuff with sausage,wrap in foil throw on grill and let cook for AWILE..Dont want raw sausage.I'll definetly be trying your recipe.

eating

tt042868@hotmail.com     From:Kentucky

SherriPontious
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM

I'm not a huge cabbage fan, but this sounds yummy!  I'm definitely going to try it.  I might even try it with half hamburger, half ground pork.... the stuffed cabbage recipe sounded really good too :)

hyde57
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM

This is what I like to serve as a side to either pork chops or sausages - Cabbage and noodles. Sounds gross, but is super yummy. Melt some bacon grease in a large pot and add 1/2 to a whole onion (depends on how big your cabbage is!). Let the onion cook - not brown - then add your sliced cabbage. Salt and pepper it and throw a lid on it to cook. I do let mine "brown" a bit for added flavor. Serve over cooked wide egg noodles. Yum! :)

Gina59
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Fried Cabbaage?? Recipe please.

We love cabbage and I have tried a fried cabbage recipe but we were not real crazy about it. 

the stuffed cabbage sound good and we will try that soon,

Thanks

AzIzAzIzA
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 5:51 AM

we usually make stuffed cabbage, which is a whole ordeal of a process...., semi cook cabbage so its easy to work with. then each leaf we stuff with rice and ground beef. roll.  Cook them with some lemon, garlic, and water....and serve with more lemon, crushed mint and garlic.  It takes a long time-but so yummy.  just wish i had the energy and time to make them more.

This recipe sounds really yummy.  Gonna try this weekend.

ninipanini
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 6:45 AM

I make cabbage rolls that are similar to this recipe.  This sounds easier, like the difference between rolling enchiladas & an enchilada casserole.

Cool beans, have to try it.

ninipanini

wildcat85
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:26 AM

Our ever popular

Ham, beans, potatoes, and steamed cabbage

I take a quart og green beans, peeled potatoes(bite sized chunks) and boil them until potatoes are soft, but not mushy, I add frozen cabbage chunks and salt and pepper lightly.  When all is tender, I add pre cooked ham (or polish sausage chunks) just until warm.  If you put the meat in too soon, it will boil the flavor out of the meat.

We eat this frequently!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)