Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I'm looking for....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  • 32 Replies
  • 1154 Total Views

Tasty meals for under $15 for a family of 4, for each of these

vegetarian

italian

chinese

mexican

american

sea food

breakfast

lunch

dinner

dessert

other....

fast

simple

casseroles

anything! Looking for variety!!!!!!!! Please help... Cheap YUMMY meals!!!!!

Just give me your FAVORITE cheap meal :D and put a label on it like the ones above! THANK YOU!! 

I got a pocket,  Got a pocket full of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine Oh, oh, oh
Do what you want, But you never gonna break me, 
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me Oh, oh, oh

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennifer16
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM

For a mexican meal I make burrito enchiladas but don't use measurements

Cooked shredded chicken breasts

Can of refried beans

Cheddar Cheese

Monterey Jack Cheese

Large burrito size flour tortillas

Enchilada Sauce

Olives

Preheat oven to 375

Poor a thin layer of Enchilada sauce into bottom of square casserole pan.  Fill tortilla with refried beans and monterey jack cheese.  Roll up into a burrito and place in pan. Repeat for as much ingredients as you have.  Usually 2 chicken breasts and one can of beans can do about 5 burritos.  Then poor remainder of enchilada sauce over the top of the burritos, enough so they are completely covered with enchilada sauce.  Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top and then sliced olives.  Cook for about 20 minutes until the sauce is hot and cheese is melted.

Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!!!

klbnkndsmm
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM

a good premivera recipe

you need:

elbow macaroni

one bushel of brocoli

1/4 cup of butter

1/4 cup of flour

shredded parmasean cheese

cubed ham

11/2 cup of milk

croutons (italian or whatever you like)

cook the macaroni until tender on stove top. drain well and put in med. size bowl and add 1 tbs of olive oil. cook brocoli until tender use just enough water to cover it. It usualy only takes five minutes or so. Drain and then rinse with cold water. Add to macaroni and mix. In smaller pan melt your better and then add the flour. Mix that up and let it cook for just a couple of minutes then add your milk, cheese(about 2 cups or so), and ham. Stir and let it cook for a few mintures until all of the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to get thick. Pour the sauce over your macaroni and brocoli and mix it all up. Pour everything into a baking dish. Sprinkle the croutons on top and extra cheese if you want. Bake for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees. its great and really doesn't take that long to make!

KewlFroggie88
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I like the crock pot meals.... Chicken soup- get a pk of cut up chicken or thighs whatever is on sale. Boil your chicken about 30-45 mins remove and set aside. Chop an onion, some carrots and celery add to broth. You can use fresh garlic or just powder to taste. Throw some boulon to taste {give it a little bit if you use cubes}. bring back to a boil until the veggies are tender. Take chicken off the bone add back to broth then add any canned veggies you like. Serve over noodles or you can make doumplings or bisquits. You can also thicken with corn starch and cold water and serve over mashed potatoes. You can used the same basic system for beef stew only I fry the beef cubes first then add water, veggies and boulon. Then whatever canned veggies once the meat is cooked and tender. Thicken with corn starch and cold water. Another cheep one is spagetti. Start with ground beef, browned with some onion, a can of mushrooms and garlic. Add a jar of sauce, a can of tomatoes and whatever seasonings you like. Let simmer all day if you want. The longer it sits the better it is. Serve over any noodles you like with some garlic bread. Tuna cassarole is good too. 2 cans each of cream of mush soup and tuna, one bag of egg noodles. Boil the noodles and drain. In the pan mix the soup, tuna and a little milk just to make is a little loose. Add noodles and serve. You can bake this with Lays potatoes chips or bread crumbs until golden brown too. Makes it really good. a really cheap one is Mac and Tomatoes. boil mac and drain. In pan put in a can or two of tomatoes I use whatever is on sale. Then add some butter, salt, pep, onion and garlic powder to taste. Serve with crackers. Fast spagetti is good too. just boil up thin pasta and drain. In a frying pan sautee onions and garlic then add cans of tomatoes, mushrooms if you like 'em. When it's hot add in your noodles and top with parm cheese. Serve with some garlic toast. My kids love it! I have 4 kids so if you need more just let me know. I could probably go on all night. Shoot me mail and I'll give you a ton or reciepes. Good luck!!!

Sn8Td
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:19 AM

How about a tatortot hotdish or casserole. Yeah I'm from Minnesota and we have hotdish. Hahaha.

Tater Tot Hotdish

1 lb. hamburger

1 sm to med onion

1 bag tater tots

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 bag frozen veggies (I normally use corn or green beans, but use what ever you have/like)

salt/pepper or other seasonings to taste (we use season-all on just about everything)

shreaded cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger and onion. Drain greese. Mix soups and veggies and seasonings with hamburger. Line bottom of pan with tater tots and add hamburger mixture on top. Add some shreaded cheese. Add a layer of tater tots. Place in over for 45 minutes to an hour or until top layer of tater tots are golden brown.

This is one of our favorties! We can eat off of this for a couple of days.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Angela411
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thank you! Does any one have anymore?

aneely08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Vegetarian- beans and corn bread with friend potatoes! YUMMY!

Seafood/lunch- Tuna salad: a couple cans of tuna drained cut up a couple pickles, a small onion, and mix everything with mayo. serve with crackers or on toast!

lunch/dinner- mac & cheese with a can of tuna drained and a cup or so of frozen peas. Just add everything in when your mixing with the cheese.

Dessert- Apple/Cherry Pie: get a jiffy pie crust mix and a can of cherries/apples instructions on the box of crust mix.

Angela411
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

These are great!!!!! I'm on a tight budget (as are lots of people) but I love variety!!!!! Keep 'um comin!!!! Thanks so much everyone!

jcp270
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I am bumping so I can look at and use some of these later.  Sounds great!  And I will add one when I get home.

mdmi03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Casserole/diner/lunch/etc

Poor man's stew (always called it stew even though it not like a stew)

1 pound burger

2-4 potatoes diced

Small bag peas

water salt and pepper

Place burger (raw) in bottom of casserole dish. place potatoes on top then peas. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, just enough to cover meat. *Dont take much*. Place in oven for 2 hrs or when tators are done. Let cool some and enjoy!!  This recipe is my FAVORITE!!! SOOOO cheap too.wonderful as left overs too

ktds9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM

i just tried a new casserole the other day. it was pretty good if you like stuffing...and it was really simple. i got it off of the back of a stove top chicken stuffing box. there were 3 or 4 on there. my 16 month old liked it too...so i figured it was a keeper!

any way... you cut up and cook 1 1/2 pounds of chicken and add 1/3 cup sour cream a can of cream of chicken soup a bag of mixed veggies and mix those together and put them in a casserole dish. then you make the stuffing as directed in spread it on top of the mixture in the dish and bake it at (i think) 350 for 30 minutes.

i could probably sit here all day and list recipies that are cheap quick and easy. i love to cook! i am addicted to food network...and love semi-homeade with sandra lee... if you want more ideas you might check her out on foodnetwork.com :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)