Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chuck steak

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

I bought a huge family pack of chuck steak. I dont eat a lot of meat so I didnt know, I just saw the great sale. I dont know how to cook it. Then I got home and my husband said he hates chuck steak.

Any Ideas how I can cook it so it would be good?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MAyers
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM

CHUCK STEAK

3 to 4 lbs. chuck steak or 6 pieces of bucket steak
Dip in flour and brown. Place in large baking dish. Rub 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce on meat. Sprinkle 1 package of dry onion soup over. Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 to 1 cup water and pour over. Bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

CHUCK STEAK CASSEROLE

2-3 pieces chuck steak, cut into cubes
1 env. onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can sliced noodles
Wide noodles or rice, cooked
Cut chuck steak into cubes and place in deep casserole dish. Pour all other ingredients in dish, except the noodles. Cover casserole dish and bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours. One-half hour before casserole is done, boil water for noodles or rice. Serve casserole mixture over noodles or rice.

MAyers
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM
OVEN BAKED CHUCK STEAK

Chuck steak (size depends on numbers of servings desired)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup
Potatoes, according to number of servings
Carrots, according to number of servings
Salt and pepper, to taste

Place chuck steak on large sheet of foil in baking pan. Combine the mushroom and onion soups and spread over meat. Quarter the potatoes and carrots and arrange around steak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then wrap tightly in the foil and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 1 hour.

ITALIAN CHUCK STEAK

1 (2 1/2 lb.) center cut chuck steak, 2 1/2 inches thick
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
Place all ingredients in roasting pan. Cover tightly; roast in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours. Increase heat to 350 degrees, uncover; roast an additional 15 minutes to brown. Makes 8 servings.
bocamom62
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

3 lb  (or more) chuck steak

1 can french onion soup

1 can water

3 low sodium beef boullion cubes

2 tbs worcestershire

1/4 c. ketchup

1 tbs garlic powder

1/2 tsp pepper

1 tsp each dry thyme & rosemary

4 large waxy potatoes, cut in 2 inch cubes

2 large carrots cut in 2 inch pieces

1 c. coarsley chopped onion.

Place all ingredients in a 5-6 qt crockpot & cook on low 8 hours.

sahm_krystal33
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I always cook mine in the crock pot with cut up onions, green peppers, and a bottle of BBQ sauce. When it's almost done I shred the meat and serve with rolls for BBQ Sandwiches. I serve with fruit salad and green salad.

mazzoncini-mom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM

That sounds like something he would love! I didn't know you could do that with steak.

Thank you so much I am doing it tomorrow! Anything I need to know?

Just put it in crockpot add onions, b-b-que sauce put a lid on it and let it cook. How do you shred steak?

I shred chicken and pork but it would seem to be harder to do steak.

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

I always cook mine in the crock pot with cut up onions, green peppers, and a bottle of BBQ sauce. When it's almost done I shred the meat and serve with rolls for BBQ Sandwiches. I serve with fruit salad and green salad.

sahm_krystal33
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM

It's been a hit around my house for a few years now! I just take 1/2 onion and one green pepper and dice them. Combine veggies, meat, and a bottle of BBQ sauce in crockpot. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, mine usually is about 61/2 but mine cooks FAST. After that time is up I cut up/shred/slice the meat [depending on how long it's cooked, how tender, etc...] and put it back in the crockpot for about 20 minutes.

Quoting mazzoncini-mom:

That sounds like something he would love! I didn't know you could do that with steak.

Just put it in crockpot add onions, b-b-que sauce put a lid on it and let it cook. How do you shred steak?

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

mazzoncini-mom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Thanks I am doing it in the morning!

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

It's been a hit around my house for a few years now! I just take 1/2 onion and one green pepper and dice them. Combine veggies, meat, and a bottle of BBQ sauce in crockpot. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, mine usually is about 61/2 but mine cooks FAST. After that time is up I cut up/shred/slice the meat [depending on how long it's cooked, how tender, etc...] and put it back in the crockpot for about 20 minutes.

Quoting mazzoncini-mom:

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

Angelmaker1997
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Angelmaker1997

You can also make a Swiss Steak with it,

Place the chuck steak in the crockpot,  Add 2 cans stewed tomatoes,  slice and onion, and green peppers .  Clean and slice 3-4  carrots  and add. Season with some garlic powder, and some Italian seasoning. Cook for  about 5-6 hours,  add a bit of cornstartch at the end to thicken.  Make some mashed potatoes,  and use  the tomato gravy on top of the potatos.  Add a salad,  Great meal.

Ginny

sahm_krystal33
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM

You'll have to let me know how your husband liked it...if he liked it!

Quoting mazzoncini-mom:

Thanks I am doing it in the morning!

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

Quoting mazzoncini-mom:

Quoting sahm_krystal33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)