Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering.......

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

Just wondering If anyone has any family fav desserts they would not mind sharing my daughter loves to cook and bake and make different kinds of things. Hope you ladies can help me out on some new ones

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
madsmom636
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM

It's not ACTUALLY cooking, but I have a real simple and delicious cheescake recipe...

What you need:

1 8oz. bar creme cheese (softened)

1 tub cool whip

1 graham cracker pie crust and some sugar

mix together creme cheese, cool whip and sugar (I add as I'm mixing and taste for flavor, in other words, use as much or as little as you prefer)

spoon into pie crust, chill for 2 hours, serve..it's delicious..I hope I was of some help

LetsBakeCookies
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Check out www.letsbakecookies.com for lots of fun family baking projects.  Over 30 step-by-step how to videos on decorating sugar cookies.  Make fun conversation heart cookies with your kids with edible markers ;)

jimbo80
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

im not really into baking but when it comes to desserts i love to make trifles, theres no baking involved just layering  .....my favorite!!!!

RIGrandma
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM

This is my FAVORITE cake. It's a bit time consuming, but worth every minute of it!

ORANGE SUNSHINE CAKE

3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature, divided

2 1/3 cups sugar, divided

5 large eggs

1 cup orange juice, divided

2 teaspoons grated orange peel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease three 9 inch round cake pans and line bottom with wax paper cut to fit bottom of pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Beat in flour mixture alternately with 3/4 cups orange juice, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange peel. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and loosen cakes around edges with a small metal spatula. Turn cakes out onto wire racks; peel off and discard wax paper.

Turn cakes, right-side up, and prick all over with a wooden pick.

In a small saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Spoon slowly over warm cakes, letting syrup soak in. Let cakes cool completely. Complete cake with Orange Sunshine Cake Filling* and frost**.

YIELD: 10 to 12 servings

FILLING

1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatine
1/4 cup Hale orange juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
2 large eggs, separated

In a small saucepan, mix 1/3 cup sugar and gelatine. Add orange juice. Stir over low heat until gelatine dissolves. Add butter, stir until butter melts.

In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in orange mixture; then return mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until thickened. Cool to room temperature.

Beat egg whites with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff; fold into cooled orange mixture. Refrigerate until very thick but still spreadable, about 10 minutes. Do not chill too long or mixture will set. Use to fill Orange Sunshine Cake.

YIELD: About 2 cups

FROSTING

2 egg whites
2/3 cups sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Slivered orange peel(optional)

In the top of a double boiler, mix egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer or rotary beater over boiling water 7 minutes or until very stiff and glossy. Remove from heat; beat in vanilla. Use to frost Orange Sunshine Cake.

Note:To assemble cake: Place one cake layer on cake plate, spread with half the Orange Filling. Top with second cake layer, spread with Frosting. Top with remaining cake layer and spread with remaining Orange Filling. Frost sides of cake with remaining Frosting. Garnish with slivered orange peel, if desired

SherriPontious
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I don't do much baking but here are the two cake recipes I love making-

Ooey Gooey Cake (I got this recipe from this site and it's one of my all time favorites!!!)

1 yellow cake mix (make according to directions on box), cream 1 pck cream cheese and  1/3 cup powder sugar, and to cake mix.  Bake.  So delicious, like a cheese cake/pound cake/cheese danish.  I topped mine with cherry pie filling. 

Pineapple Upside-down Cake

1 yellow cake mix, 2 cans pineapple rings, 1 stick butter, 1 cup brown sugar.  Combine butter and sugar over medium flame until they form a nice syrup.  Pour into greased cake pan.  Layer pineapple slices.  Make cake mix, substitute pineapple juice for liquid.  Pour batter on top of pinepples, bake according to time on box.  Invert cake to serve :)

(Optional- add a marachino cherry to the center of each pineapple ring before pouring in batter)

ninipanini
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM

The best chocolate cake is the recipe on the Hershey Cocoa can.  "Perfectly Chocolatey Chocolate Cake" or sometimes "Dark Chocolate Cake" depending on the label.

ninipanini

Roxfro
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM

By Roxfro-

This is the easiest dessert in the world, and always requested for potlucks and family dinners:

Dump Cake

1 lg can cherry (or any flavor) pie filling

1 pkg yellow cake mix

2 cubes butter or margarine, melted

1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Spread pie filling in 11x7 pan or casserole dish. Evenly pour DRY cake mix over fruit; pour melted butter/margarine over cake mix. Sprinkle nuts on top.

Bake 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. (from cake mixture)

Serve warm OR cold with whipped cream. VERY rich and very yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)