Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bridal Shower Ideas PLZ Help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 510 Total Views

I am throwing a bridal shower for my sister in law, and am looking for any unique ideas you may have. 

I really want this to be special and memorable for her.

Thanks,

Christian

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLFBauder
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM

you will have to let me know what you do! my friends are throwing one for me! lol. A friend of mine had a shower though and she got to remake her wedding dress but with toilet paper. lol

ARMYMOM269
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:02 AM

IS IT A PARTICULAR TYPE OF SHOWER? KITCHEN? LINEN? LINGERIE? MY SISTER IN LAW HAD ALREADY HAD SO MANY SHOWERS  WE GAVE HER A PANTRY SHOWER. FOLKS BROUGHT STAPLES, CLEANING PRODUCTS, BROOMS, SPICES, GRO, GIFT CARDS ETC. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY TOILET TISSUE OR PAPER TOWELS FOR 6 MONTHS! IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IF THEY LIVE TOGETHER OR EACH ALREADY HAVE A HOUSE SET UP BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE THESE TYPES OF THINGS, BUT IF THEY ARE BOTH STARTING NEW  TOGHETHER, THIS STUFF GETS EXPENSIVE TO SET UP A HOUSEHOLD.

YOU COULD ALSO HAVE EVERYONE BRING A COPY OF THEIR FAVORITE RECIPE AND MAKE A RECIPE BOOK FOR HER FROM THE SHOWER GUEST.

CHERYL IN PROSPERITY

madcat500
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM

if there is not a hole lot of pepoleyou can fasesals a spa.

goincrazymom2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I am actually giving her 2 showers, one is a Lingerie shower and the other is just your normal bridal shower.  The couple already live together so I'm not sure what kind of theme to go with.  Any ideas and recipies would be great.

Thank so much,

Christian

alegnaeiram
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I've thrown 2 showers one for my SIL and one for my best friend. They turned out great! We did a game famous couples in history (her wedding was a romantic/cinderella type theme) we formed groups and did the tolet paper dress thing then we voted on who's was the best and they got a prize, we sent everyone a recipe card with their invitation and they filled it out with their favorite recipe (I made the cards 4x6 and then got her an album to put them in). We had a really cute game to give away the centerpieces too, but I would have to look that up. I think we had a word scramble and it's been so long that's all i can remember from those 2 showers.... oh and my SIL was having daisies in her wedding, so I made daisy lollipops and painted little terra cotta pots, put styro in them and easter grass for cute little favor decorations... I enjoy throwing showers! :) I think I put way too much thought and effort into them! :) But it's fun!

caseykay131
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM

i had a bridal shower and a lengerine shower. this is what the girls did for me.... for my bridal shower. they did a recipe swap. i loved getting all these recipes. on the invitations they asked them to bring some favorite recipes that they would like to pass on.. all the ladies that came did this,, they put them in to a basket, and then at the end i put them in to my recipe box i got as a gift.. i use a ton of them... it is always a nice gift to receive... for the lengerine party.. she did about the same.. but put on the ivites, bring a pair of naughty panties... she put my size on it,.. i got like 45 new pairs of naughty undies, and what not else i had for the party... it was so much fun.. instead of having the regular boquet for the rehersal, with the bows and what not.. i rolled the panties in different colors and put them togeather like a rose boquet.. i used that for the rehersal boquet.. how fun... i hope this helps..

MomToBeISaMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM

What are her colors? 

For RED:  We cheat and make Jell-o cheesecakes in little plastic wine glasses and top with cherries or strawberries.  We make mimosas using cranberry juice instead of orange juice.  Both are really easy and pretty up a table.  For BLUE:  Use blueberries on the cheesecake.

I love brunch instead of lunch, and you can make a lot of quiches and egg bakes ahead of time and just bake them up the morning of.  Mini muffins, banana bread, pumpkin bread, and lemon bread are always a hit, and you can make them up early too. 

my2turkeys
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I threw my BF one last year and I hate to say this but it was the best one I had ever been too.  Most are generic and silly.  She, as well as her hubby, are both art teachers.  I made it a classy art theme.  I went to the thrift store and bought random vases, sizes, colors, shapes  and picked out one type of artsy flower and that was the centerpiece on a few tables.  I had the closest family members make a favorite dish of hers and labeled each with what and who it was from.  This went over great!  Next we played a few games. I had each guest put a notebook on top of their head and try to draw the bride in her wedding gown.  This was too funny.  Next I started a poem.  Each person could only see the line above theirs and had to write the next line.  Fold it over and pass it to the next person.  The end result was great, it went from clean and sweet to dirty boring and back to a fairy tale ending.  I bought tea bags off line and this was the favor for the guests.  Oh, lastly, I set up a table in the back room and had each guest go back and create a page for a memory book, which I still have yet to make, it offered advice, silly pictures, recipes, etc.  I hope to get in gear and give it to her on their firtst anniversary.  I made it personalized to the bride and groom and it was awesome. 

alegnaeiram
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot... we did a similar thing at my SIL's shower.... we each brought a pair of underwear in her size, people put them in a basket when they got there, then we (the hosts) hung them up on a "clothes line" that we'd hung up, then the bride got to guess who brought which ones.. that was pretty funny!

goincrazymom2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Thanks Everyone these are great!!!!!!!!!!!

Kepp em comin!

Christian

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)