Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stuffed bell peppers

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 379 Total Views

how do you make stuffed bell peppers

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XKsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM

first hollow out the bellpeppers...then boilem..brown your groundmeat..with onions..seasoning..whatever..and cook your rice.. mix rice and meat together and fill the peppers....put them in the oven... thats all i know.. my mom makes them... tho i havent tried to do it myself yet

Kristin= Mommy to Xander&Kaedan,Wifey to Christopher,A stay @ home mom-not a MAID!,Loyal friend,Sailor Mouthed,Pierced & Tattooed,Kind Hearted!, Rap music lover,All around...Amazing Woman!!

ninipanini
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Brown hamburger with onion, garlic, dried basil & oregano.  Add some cooked rice and simmer together.  Cut the top of the peppers off & clean out the membranes & seeds so they look like a bowl.  Spoon the rice/beef mixture into the peppers.  I use my own spaghetti sauce but if I'm sure it would taste fine with jarred sauce if you don't have any  made.  Pour the sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 pan place the peppers in the pan and bake at 375 for 1/2 or so.

ninipanini

Matthewsmama75
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

mmmm that sounds goooooood maybe i will make some this weekend!!

-tanya-
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM

i have frozen hamburger meat... how can i thaw it quickly to make this?
-thanks! 

angie-mom-of-3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Stuffed bell peppers are so damn good, my grandma makes it, i've never made them myself yet.

linzfig06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I LOVEEEEE them~!! I have never made them My mom makes amazing ones! but Im going to try it this weekend!!

Photobucket
ninipanini
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I wouldn't even thaw it for this dish.  Just start the heat on low in a skillet/fry pan, as it cooks you can crumble it and break it up then add the onions & garlic.

ninipanini

Quoting -tanya-:

i have frozen hamburger meat... how can i thaw it quickly to make this?
-thanks! 

LizMomTo4Girls
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I always top my peppers with a pat of butter and parm cheese YUM!

My SIL tops them with BBQ sauce.. not my fav, but still good!!

Bekah062205
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

cut the peppers in half...scoop out the seeds and ribs. Brown up ground beef with onion and garlic salt. Make Rice. Mix rice and beef together when done. Put into peppers. Top with beef gravy. Put in oven and bake until peppers are done

Dee1959
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hollow out your peppers and rinse them with cold water, save the tops, just cut out the stem.

Mix together:

Ground round - 3 lbs.

1 - med. onion - diced

3 - lg. cloves garlic - minced

3 - eggs

1/2 - 1 cup - Italian style bread crumbs

1 cup  - Minute rice ( not cooked )

After you mix this well, stuff the peppers and place tops on (if you want to use them).

Place in a roasting pan and then cover with tomato soup ( with water ) or any kind of sauce you like. I prefer to use Hunts spaghetti sauce but my husband likes it with the tomato soup.

Bake at 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until reaches 165 degrees.

I always serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie. 

Enjoy!

Dee

shopping   apron   eating   washing dishes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)