Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any good soup and sandwich ideas?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I'm looking for a good soup and sandwich idea.  Does anyone have any?  I'm craving soup and sandwich!  I have chicken breasts thawed out so something with that would be great.  But it doesn't have to be chicken.

Quote for the day:
'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.' 
So - if you give her crap, you will receive more shit than any one human being can handle!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alisha1128
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I like grilled cheese with tomatoe soup. You could make a sand with ur chicken, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese! YUM!

sahm_krystal33
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Like the pp said, tomato soup and grilled cheese is a classic! I love cheesey brocoli soup, cheesy cauliflower soup, homemade vegetable beef soup [made with hamburger], taco soup, cream of vegetable, french onion, beef barley, beef noodle, ham and bean, and as for chicken, what about chicken tortilla soup? or chicken noodle? chicken vegetable? That's always great on a cold day! We like our soups with grilled cheese, grilled ham and cheese, cold ham/turkey/chicken and cheese, tuna salad, tuna metls, chicken salad, salmon and cream cheese, hamburgers, roast beef, turkey and bacon, rubens, and clubs.

Vballchick
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM

My favorite soup & sandwich combo that I make for dinner sometimes is broccoli cheese soup w/ hot pressed ham & swiss sandwiches. I get a really good bread from the deli & add some thinly sliced tomatoes & grill it w/ the soup & it's really good. For the soup I just cut up a head of fresh broccoli, 1/2 diced onion & minced garlic & boil them in some chicken broth til the broccoli is very tender & the onion is transparent. Then you blend up the broccoli in your food processor in batches, add it back to the pot. Thicken with a little cornstarch & water, add some salt & pepper, a little cream or milk & shredded cheddar & you're done. It's not hard & oh so good.

cyndi28
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Taco soup w/ cold ham sandwiches...

tracy223
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:40 PM

My husband loves roast beef sandwiches.....so I created this one...a little extra work, but so amazing.

roast beef

ciabatta rolls (or your favorite roll)

mayonaisse

asiago cheese ( or provolone parmesan)

Make red onion marmalade (below).  Preheat your broiler, slice you rolls, mayo up both sides, grate asiago cheese on both sides.  Put under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly.  top one side of roll with roast beef and the other with a tablspoon or two of the red onion marmalade.  Put back under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.

Red Onion Marmalade:

2 large red onions, peeled, halved and sliced thin

3 tablspoons olive oil

2 tablspoons graulated sugar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

heat non-stick skillet on medium heat, add onions and cook until soft....about 8 minutes.  Add the sugar and allow the onions to carmelize.  Add vinegar (make sure the vent is one!).  allow the reduce until there is no liquid about 5 minutes.

My kid's even like this sandwich.  I often make the red onion marmalade a day or two ahead of time....then when you are ready to make the sandwiches, it just takes 15 minutes and your all set.  I was a private/personal chef prior to becoming a stay at home mom, so I have tons of recipes, if you want me to email you some really good ones, send me a note.  What kinds of sandwiches/soups do you like?  I'd be happy to help!

mariandavis
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Something that My kids liked was; make a pb & j sandwich and grill it like a grilled cheese. I learned this at a Nursing Home when I cooked there, the residents loved it too.

mikazuki
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Mmm, soup and sandwiches...

A year ago I stopped off at this "gourmet" deli and had a bowl ($6 and it was TINY) of roasted red pepper gouda cheese soup. It was good but very salty even to my own taste. The deli has since gone out of business however I had my husband, who is a classically trained chef, to make me his version.

INGREDIENTS
4 tablespoons butter
4 red bell peppers, roasted then chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
48 fluid ounces chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups shredded gouda cheese

DIRECTIONS
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the roasted red bell pepper and garlic in the saucepan and sauté for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.

Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.

Return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the heavy cream, the ground black pepper and cheese, and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.

As for a sandwich. I just saw in a magazine a cute idea. Grilled cheese courtons! Make grilled cheese sandwiches but as you're cooking them press them so the sandwich is flat. Once done cut up in tiny pieces and add as a garnish to your soup!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)