• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

muenster cheese

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

What to do with it? I have 1/2 lb brick of it in the fridge and I've never even tasted it before!! It is good on sandwiches? Or does anyone have any recipies that call for it? Thank you!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOfTwo347
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM

i love this cheese, so far i've eaten it alone...it's the only cheese that i can eat alone...I've also put it in sandwiches, and with crackers

fun_nice_1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM
Its really good on sandwiches or by itself!

Mommies Who Are Child Abuse Survivors

You can find this group at www.cafemom.com/group/44257

mrs_vinita
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Oooh, muenster is yummy!  I love it for grilled cheese with mustard for dip. Great for sandwiches, crackers, summer sausage, etc. Pretty much anything like that, but that is one cheese which, again, I love paired with mustard.

jigsaw ribbon Jenn mom to   typing

Cassie           &           Hudson

sahm_krystal33
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Thank you ladies!!

Caitryn
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 7:52 AM

This is an awesome cheese.  One way that I used it was by making a simple cheese quesadilla.  Just put a slice or two (or however much you want) on a flour tortilla, sprinkle with some garlic salt (I used the kind with the parsely added), fold in half, then microwave until the cheese is melted.  For something so simple, they were surprisingly good!

snoober_k
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM

oh god munster is my favorite! this is an awesome recipe- you gotta try it!

loaf of crusty bread

munster slices

red/orange bell pepper strips

sliced onion

sliced portobellos

halve the loaf of bread, toast in the oven with some butter or olive oil. after nice and toasty, add the sliced cheese and put back in oven to melt. sautee the veggies together til tender crisp. add to bread to make a delish sandwich!

magna45
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I love muenster Cheese, you can make Panini's out of them.

Buy a heartier bread, like Sourdough, sliced, and buy some hard Salami, and Muenster cheese, yummy, you can top you sammy with anything olives, italian dressing, mustard...etc

Deb

dixiechk
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I have used muenster cheese many ways also. I agree the a grilled cheese with muenster is delicious!! You can use muenster in place of mozzerella, I have used it for pizza many times, and it is usually a little cheaper.

Angelmaker1997
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Angelmaker1997

I have also used this in Mac and cheese.

Angel

sahm_krystal33
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Thank you all!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)