Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White sauce?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

I"m needing a recipe for like a white sauce to pour over fillet mignon, can anyone  help? 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ninipanini
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Here's my recipe.  You can add whatever seasoning you like to it to vary the flavor.  It's a great base for cheese sauce for macaroni & cheese or broccoli or anything.  You can double it and you can use stock to make a meat gravy, too.  For filet mignon, I'd add a bit of basil & use beef stock.  It will not be white with the beef stock, though.

2 tblsp butter

2 tblsp flour

1 cup milk

salt, pepper to taste.

Melt butter in sauce pan.  Add flour and seasoning and stir, cook over med-low heat until bubbly.  Slowly add liquid, stirring constantly.  Bring to a gentle boil, cook & stir until it's the desired thickness.

ninipanini

AnAnelsKiss
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Butter

corn starch

milk

hosterchire sauce

mix cold then warm till thick sorry I do not use measurments. I just dump till right

Amber (13)        Jazmine (11)        Tasia (4)              Tyrell (34) & Kelly (29)

(An Angel's Kiss)

NeedHugs
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quoting ninipanini:

Here's my recipe.  You can add whatever seasoning you like to it to vary the flavor.  It's a great base for cheese sauce for macaroni & cheese or broccoli or anything.  You can double it and you can use stock to make a meat gravy, too.  For filet mignon, I'd add a bit of basil & use beef stock.  It will not be white with the beef stock, though.

2 tblsp butter

2 tblsp flour

1 cup milk

salt, pepper to taste.

Melt butter in sauce pan.  Add flour and seasoning and stir, cook over med-low heat until bubbly.  Slowly add liquid, stirring constantly.  Bring to a gentle boil, cook & stir until it's the desired thickness.

ninipanini

You can add shredded cheese to this white sauce for a nice cheesy sauce..... but this how I start most all my gravys and sauces.

livewell
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I will gently heat the milk with a bay leaf in it... :-)

Quoting ninipanini:

2 tblsp butter

2 tblsp flour

1 cup milk

salt, pepper to taste.

ninipanini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)