Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baked beans

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Give me your best baked bean recipes :)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lynn_mj13
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Bush's baked beans, open, heat in saucepan, serve!!! LOL, sorry but that's all i got.....

SammyPetals
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM

yeah, Bush's baked beans.  I drain the sauce and sometimes add mustard and ketchep you can add bacon, etc. 

goldia
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM

if i make baked beans i use reg. baked beans from a can and add bbq and a little brown sugar

lphill
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Bush's original baked beans. Cut some bacon into 1" strips (aprox. 4-5 pieces), sautee bacon with 1/2 an onion. Once the onions begin to brown with the bacon, add the beans. Add 3-4 T of maple syurp to the top. Put in the oven for 30-40 minutes.

They are fantastic

torijadekylie
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I add 2 cans of pork n beans to a baking pan, and mix in about 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of mustard and mix it up and top it off with some bacon and bake it in the oven at 350 til the bacon is cooked, about 30-40 minutes

Hope--Loving wife to Randy since 3/20/08, Mommy to Tori (9/12/05), Kylie (6/4/07), and Kevin due to arrive 9/13/09.

CharlotteD
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

We had a place here that used to have the best baked beans. I make mine as close as I can to them. Haven't made them in a long time, and I don't measure, but this might help some. You can use as much or little of each thing as you want, depending on how many people you will be feeding and your family's taste. Buy canned pork N' beans. Drain them and add them to pan. Stir in some brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, some bacon drippings, a little BBQ sauce, some diced ham or sausage, some black pepper and hot sauce, then small diced onions and bell peppers. Bake in a 350 degree oven, stirring now and then, until onions and peppers are done. Serve.

Charlotte Dillon ~~ http://www.charlottedillon.com/

pamr95
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM

can pork n beans, drained

catsup

mustard

chopped onions

brown sugar

bacon

bake in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes

POMMOM335
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Pork and beans

brown sugar

1 yellow onion (diced)

1 pound thin sliced bacon

mustard, ketchup

Fry the bacon with the onions and add to the beans, add brown sugar, mustard and ketchup, Stir well and taste, if it tastes good, Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven. It may get done before the hour. This is the recipe my sister used every year. No one would even try to beat it. Now that she is gone we have to try. I think the tasting it is the key. She used about 2 cups of brown sugar. She put about 3 tbsp mustard and a cup of ketchup. If it doesn't taste right, add more brown sugar and ketchup. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)