• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Breast

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

Would like some suggestions on something to do with chicken breasts. I took some out this morning and I feel like I always make the same ole thing. Help please!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shanamaria
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I just put 4 of them in a marinade of teriyaki sauce,honey and pineapple and im going to bake them this afternoon and put them over white rice!

Shanamaria
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Thats good also!

tearsao5jboys
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM

apronmarinate in classic coke &orange juice than bake yummmmmmm i didn't thank it soundedto great but it's realy good to try

Roxfro
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM

It's awesome over rice!

alegnaeiram
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM

First of all... this recipe looks a lot harder than it really is, so give it a TRY!! Hopefully I haven't left anything out, but if you have any questions let me know!

Cut the chicken breasts so that you can open them like a book (being careful not to cut them all the way through).

Mix together cheddar cheese and bacon bits or broccoli or your favorite blend of cheese and another ingredient - the amount of this mixture will depend on how much chicken you are making - (ex. if you want an italian dish use fresh chopped basil or fresh chopped spinach and mozzarella/ricotta or a mexican dish use mexican cheese and jalapenos or salsa) place the cheese mixture inside the chicken and fold over to close. In a flat dish or pie plate put enough flour for dredging the chicken (you can add more if you don't end up having enough) in a second dish/pie plate beat 2 eggs (again if you have a lot of chicken to make you can add more) in a third dish add plain bread crumbs that are spiced to your liking (for the bacon or broccoli & cheese mixture you can use a garlic salt/season salt blend/ for the italian, season them with italian spices basil/garlic/oregano or for the mexican you can season it with taco seasoning etc... you get the idea. 

First dredge the stuffed chicken in the flour,  then dip it in the egg to coat, then coat with bread crumbs (being careful not to lose your stuffing).  

Once all of the chicken is breaded add about 2 Tbsp olive oil to a large non-stick skillet (preferrably one that can be transferred to the oven). Heat pan w/oil over med-high heat until oil is hot. Add chicken. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer your skillet to a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or transfer chicken to a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.

Serve with your favorite sides Italian: Pasta with tomato or alfredo sauce  Mexican: Refried black beans and spanish rice American: chicken risotto or mashed potatoes and squash or carrots

IT is REALLY good... be sure to let me know if you use my recipe and let me know how you like it!

sportsQt
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM

when all else fails and i dont have a recipe to use i just open some cream of mushroom soup (usually two cans for about 4 breast) with a little milk.  put the chicken breast in there and simmer in a large skillet until chicken is cooked though.  serve over rice with a veggie.  the chicken stays very tender.  salt and pepper to taste.  you could also cube the chicken so that it wouldnt take as long to cook. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)