Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick help please....what can i do?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 122 Total Views

Hi Ladies!

I had some bone-in chicken thighs that i removed the skin from. i put them in the crock pot with some spaghetti sauce and seasonings and i'm gonna serve that over egg noodles. However, my sauce got kinda thin (i assume from the fat areas that i may have missed) and even though i don't care if it's "super thick" pasta sauce, i would like it a little thicker. i thought about adding some tomato paste but i was afraid it would compromise the spices and overtake everything.

what can i do?

thank you so much! happy cooking!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrsross5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

if its too thin, you can add corstarch and it won't compromise the taste........if its too thick, add some water, or a can of tomato sauce (hunts is the best) ...paste won't compromise the taste...it makes it a bit richer, but it tastes really good.  hope that helps

melissa632
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

you're awesome! thanks!

Quoting mrsross5:

if its too thin, you can add corstarch and it won't compromise the taste........if its too thick, add some water, or a can of tomato sauce (hunts is the best) ...paste won't compromise the taste...it makes it a bit richer, but it tastes really good.  hope that helps

sahm_krystal33
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I was going to say cornstartch too!

~~~~~~~*KML*~~~~~~~
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)