Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zucchinni Cakes (patties)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

1 lg zucchinni

1 tbsp minced garlic

1/2-3/4 c breadcrumbs

1/2 of 4-cheese Italian Blend or parm or romano

2 eggs beaten

kosher salt

black pepper

cooking oil

Grate ur zucchinni on a box grated large hole side,then place ur shredded stuff in a thin towel and squeeze out all of ur liquid,place in a mixing bowl and add all of ur other ingreds,heat ur oil in frying pan and add spoonfuls of mixture to pan,flatten them out some,turn when browned,I serve these with homemade ranch dressing

Karin

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DissieDothe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

You didn't give the measure for the zucchini.  I used 2 cups when I made these.  My vidalia onions are huge so I only used half of it. 

Great recipe!  They tasted really good. 

kari_okie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

yes you are right I did not say how much zucchinni to  put in because I put onion instead which was not what I meant to put,this recipe had no call for onion at all so my mistake and thank you so much for catching it.Maybe you should add your recipe to this with your onion lol thanks again.

Quoting DissieDothe:

You didn't give the measure for the zucchini.  I used 2 cups when I made these.  My vidalia onions are huge so I only used half of it. 

Karin

DissieDothe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Quoting kari_okie:

yes you are right I did not say how much zucchinni to  put in because I put onion instead which was not what I meant to put,this recipe had no call for onion at all so my mistake and thank you so much for catching it.Maybe you should add your recipe to this with your onion lol thanks again.

Quoting DissieDothe:

I used the recipe that you posted except that I added the zucchini.  If I had used white or yellow onions it would have been different but the vidalia is a very mild onion. 

I'll make it again without the onion.  I have lots of zucchini and these are just right for serving with a side of scrambles at breakfast or as a side with fish instead of hush puppies. 

The leftovers keep very well and they were gobbled with ranch dressing. 

kari_okie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

well like I said the onion was on the brain for some reason didn't mean to post it lol im brain dead sometimes and my family loves vidalias

Karin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)