• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheesecake?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

Ok so my husbands 32nd Birthday is this Saturday unfortunately I will be out of town for work. I want to make his favorite dessert strawberry cheesecake to make up for it. The  problem is I need an easy recipe and not the store bought 5 min one. I want this to be special. So if you have a cheesecake recipe you are willing to share I would really appreciate it.

4 Sisters Boutique!
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ninipanini
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:41 PM

The only shortcut to this no bake is the store bought crust.  You can crush your own graham crackers with butter and bake it if you'd like, but I don't.

I mix 2 pkgs of cream cheese, & 1 cup of sugar(more or less if you like it sweeter).  Then I fold in 2 cups of real whipped cream, sweetened with 1/4 cup sugar.  Just buy the mid-size carton of whole whipping cream beat it until there are stiff peaks(not more oryou get butter) then mix in the sugar(5-7 minutes).

Mix it up, add thawed berries or fresh.  No HFC, or anitfreeze and while it's not as good as the baked ones(they have eggs and other things that make it richer) this always does in a pinch.

ninipanini

DACIA79
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM

There are so many cheesecake recipes you should look up some recipes up on the Internet .Cheesecakes a very easy to make. Do your research have fun with it . Cheesecake from scratch only take a couple of minutes just be sure to keep everything room temp before baking. I recommend the Cheesecake Extraordinaire cookbook it's amazing.

kari_okie
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I make an easy one with a store bought graham cracker crust,for the filling I use 1 pkg of cream cheese I think its 8 oz,you let it sit out to room temp then with your hand mixer cream it till its smooth,add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and blend briefly ,then add 1/3 cup of lemon juice and 1 tsp of vanilla, blend this all together till smooth and pour into ur crust,place in frig and let chill several hours,when good and chilled spread a can of strawberry pie filling over top.

Karin

t00cute
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM

now i want cheesecake!!2 creamcheese1vanilla pudding mix,half the milk  the pudding takes,few drops lemon juice,a pie crust.put in fridge!you cant mess this up!this is great!!!

Quoting Jesyka123:

Ok so my husbands 32nd Birthday is this Saturday unfortunately I will be out of town for work. I want to make his favorite dessert strawberry cheesecake to make up for it. The problem is I need an easy recipe and not the store bought 5 min one. I want this to be special. So if you have a cheesecake recipe you are willing to share I would really appreciate it.

Kml9876
by on Jul. 15, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I have a bunch of great cheesecake recipes posted here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)