• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakfast?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

My two year old son is starting to get picky about his breakfast. He used to eat yogurt, cheerios, cheese and crackers, etc. He was never a fan of eggs or oatmeal. I need to think of new ideas. Does anyone have any ideas of different breakfast options? He is tired of everything. HELP!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrschapy06
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM

My son hates plain eggs so when I scramble them I add a little cheese and milk. Does he have a favorite fruit? Sometimes I will just make him a fruit salad. (apples, strawberries, oranges) You could also let him dip fruit in yogurt...maybe change up the way he eats it. Try to make it fun, my son (who is almost 2) "picks out" what he wants to eat. lol

Mom2Girls09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM

We try to do a fruit and a whole grain starch of some sort.  Sometimes it is a nutri grain waffle w/jam or jelly spread on it, english muffins or blueberry bagels.  The bagels are usually a hit.  She also seems to like bran muffins with raisins, she loves raisins so the rest of the muffin is nice and healthy and she doesn't even know it!  Also, I will give her organic granola, like from Trader Joe's, which has dried bits of fruit in it.  This makes a great snack food too!

lulubird83
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Thanks. I will try out your suggestions. It's making me crazy that he doesn't want to eat!

bakebiscotti
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I've never been stuck on breakfast food for breakfast.  If my kids wanted leftover pizza that was fine with me.  They little ones always liked french toast and nutri-grain waffles with peanut butter spread on them. 

lulubird83
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Thanks. at this point I am just happy if he eats anything.

wintermom
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Pancakes ro waffles? You could make "faces" on them with fruit!

Breakfast burritos? Fill a tortilla with hash browns, scrambled eggs, cheese, ham.

Peanut butter toast or bagels?

KATEYDID72
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 8:27 AM
My kids used to love those cinnamon toast waffles that you can break into four little waffles. Maybe an English muffin with jelly or melted cheese? Those were things I liked as a kid. Maybe try a kind of fruit they haven't had lately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)