Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using salad dressings for more than just salads?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 374 Total Views

What are some ways that you use salad dressings for more than just salads? Do you marinate meats or brush dressings on your food? Please share your ideas.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BellaBear
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM

theres this greek salad dressing that i soak my chicken in and it tastes great. i use Itailian dressing in a cold pasta. or i dip veges in different dressings besides ranch. i dip my pizza in ranch

firstbaby10
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

we use it for lots of things i like to brush it over veggies and grill them, i like to use it in pasta salads and marinate meat in it i have a few recipes that call for it too thats just some things i can think of off the top of my head

kberrey
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I use italian to marinate almost everything that I grill. I used honey mustard dressing the other day and brushed it on Talapia and baked it. It was awesome but next time I'm thinking of dipping the fish in Panko bread crumbs after coating it. Ranch would probably be good for that too.

USMCBride08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM

ive cooked pork chops in my crockpot with italian dressing and carrots onions and potatos....and it was really good :) also i use it in pasta salads 

blackbirdsings
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM

i dribble my italian or whatever kind of dressing on top of my sandwich or sandwich wrap, instead of mayonnaise, it's yummy!

harry
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I,ve used honey french and ranch ( not together ) one all kinds of meats, chicken, pork chops ,  fish , comes out great ! also used ranch in potaos and other veggies.

mississippigal
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I use ranch dressing on my baked potatoe instead of sour cream, with bacon bits,cheese,and butter. This is so good.

rkoloms
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM

We use it a dip for veggies for afternoon snacking.

Robin in Chicago

Arnel
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts in honey mustard dressing over night. Leave them wet and coat with finely crushed potato chips.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes on a wire rack over a cookie sheet covered in parchment or foil for easy clean-up.  Mmmm! A delicious family favorite.  Note, you can use other flavors of dressing for variety.

bookdragon
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I use it to dip raw veggies in, to make sandwiches, pretty much wherever you use mayo.

Good Luck,TAke Care,Goddess Blessings.

Bookdragon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)