Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Introduce Yourselves and Your Grateful Families!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM
  • 63 Replies
  • 1195 Total Views
Tell us about yourself!  We would love to see pictures of you and your family!  Please feel free to share whatever you want! 

Nature Loving, Grateful Dead Playing, Hippie Mama

by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Forget-me-not
by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Ok I'll go first. My name is Jennifer I am 30 years and married to my high school sweetheart for 10 years, we've been together for 15.  We have 2 children. Hannah is 12  and Abby is 7 ( her middle name is Rain, Rain because it was raining ( for me) and box of rain is her daddy's fav). We are a very anti-mainstream family. We homeschooled for 8 years, we are homebith/unassited birth advocates, we cook and eat as healthy as possible, we wore our kids, co-slept, selective vaxxed, treat illness naturally, we are ttc and planning another unassisted birth, we are American expats living in Romania, we love to travel, and visit foreign countries, we love music and Hanah and Abby both have been to many cool shows already. Hannah's first was Bob Dylan and Abby's was Phish. We are a very family oriented family..... Well thats us. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Eco friendly, non judging, anti-mainstream and soon to be UCing crunchy mama to Hannah and Abby and wife to Michael

Are you interested in Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth if so then follow me by clicking on the picture below.

Jennifer- Group Owner

leelee77
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 5:11 PM
My name is Leah I currently live in Utah. I am happily married to my husband Tyson. I have three amazing boys Gentry, Travler and Jabez who was my first little homebirth baby.
MamaLark
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM
Hey there Mama's... I am Lark, a single stay @ home mama of Dorian Star!
His PapaBear & I started heading down different Life path  right when I go preg.
We had been together for 4+ years & engaged 3...I kept putting off the wedding, & well...I Will GET by,& do more than survive..I will LIVE Life to the fullest! I try Everyday cuz that's all we got yesterday is all redy gone , & tommrow never comes!
well I am a family bed, BF, CD, Gentle dis.,Recycling,Dancing,Singing,& LOvin Mama!
I am still dealing with my Preg. weight & have 120 lbs to take off, wish me luck! oh & as some of you know I have a group called H.I.P.P.I.E. Mama's! come & check us out!
Peace Love & Many Blessings
 ~Lark~
MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Jul. 17, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Hey there mamas! My name is Kristin, I am happily married to my highschool sweetheart as well, whos name is Matthew. Together we have two beautiful sons Dominic 4 and Owyn 19 months. We are a breastfeeding, co-sleeping, selective vaxing, baby-wearing, cloth diapering sort of family. We are a nature loving family and try to give back to our mother as much as possible. My hubby and I are both too young to have seen The Grateful Dead, but my hubby has been able to see the Dead and The Other Ones a few times, me Im not quite as lucky....lol. Dominic went to his first show at 7 weeks old. Which happened to be Jerrys Birthday Bash out at Sunshine Daydream in West Virgunia. It was an awesome time. String Cheese Incident covered The Deal, it was the shit! Can't wait to meet all of you other Grateful Mamas that I havent come across yet, Thanks Jen for getting the group up and running again!!!

my2sunz
by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM
Hey ladies.  I'm Laura and a mom to 2 little men - Oliver (4-1/2) and Benjamin (14 months)  I have been married for 9 years to my soul mate.  We met while getting down at a local pub that played the Dead every Sunday afternoon.  We are a pretty mainstream kind of family (don't hate), but trying to work AWAY from that.  Besides taking steps to be a more earth conscious family, we are working towards building our dream house someday and being off the grid.  My hubby and I work together at a small family business and love it.  We currently live in the Phoenix AZ area and love to camp, hike, fish, bike, see music (when it actually comes to town) and love love love to travel.  This winter/spring we are going to Germany to visit family that is currently stationed there for 4 years. There is so much more, but I don't want to bore anyone. 

I agree with pp....yeah for Jen to get this group up and running again.  I can't wait to chat with you ladies.  Until next time....

Laura
afeather
by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Hey Now!
I'm Ashli...wife to Dirk and SAHM to our first child, Jamie who was born in Nov.
I moved back to CT in 2001 from Berkeley (after my first marriage fell apart....long story short: he fell in love with booze and out of love with me).  Not long after i met Dirk and we were best friends from the start and married in 2004.
I was fortunate to see quite a lot of the Grateful Dead being, well, older and in California we got to hit them at Shoreline aaaalll the time....gosh i miss Bill Graham too!
We lead a very conscientious life driving a hybrid, heating our little house with a pellet stove (now if we could just get solar panels we would be all set!), CD'ing (well until quite recently when they grew something that has been giving my LO a miserable rash), garden growin, healthy eatin, simple life leading couple....our families thing we are nuts so we must be doing something right!
looking forward to getting to know you all!
endthedramamama
by Member on Jul. 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Hey now!
My name is Michele, I'm 32 and I live in SoCal.  I am married to a wonderful man I imported from Illi., for almost 6 years,  and we have one 2 year-old son named Payton Jack. We have a neurotic dog named Louie and a big black bird named Elvis. My husband is a Bears-loving parrothead and I am a loving deadhead and this is what it is like when worlds collide!   We recently lost a baby at 10weeks gestation, whom I named Serene the day before she left us.  But we've got to keep on truckin'.  :0) 
I work part time for a chiropractor/homeopath who specializes in pediatrics and pregnancy and I am fortunate enough to bring my boy to work with me.  As a family we practice natural medicine as much as possible and only resort to medical intervention as a last resort.  We are finishing up breastfeeding (which is tough on all of us).  We baby wore, coslept (and still do when he wants to sleep with us), are anti-vax, vegetarian and our son is not fond of TV!
We haven't been to any shows lately, but we go to as many free concerts and festivals as we can in our area... and there are always free concerts and events going on around here. 
I'm happy to make your acquaintances.
lobstergrrl
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2008 at 7:11 AM
hey girls-

I'm Lacy....a PT SAHM of three, a girl (15), a boy (13) and a new baby girl Laura (Lola) who is 4 months....I am ALSO married to my HS sweetheart, married ten years on Saturday but together for the last 16, met over 20 years ago...I live in New England....

I first got into the dead when I was in HS and spent a couple summers touring..off and on. I managed most of the East coast "89 tour with my then boyfriend and BFF in an old Honda, selling grilled cheese sandwiches for gas money. We had half a gas tank, could only fill with $5 at a time and a donut for a wheel! what a blast...

can't wait to share with you guys!
Jennifer7206
by Group Owner on Jul. 18, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Forget-me-not:

Ok I'll go first. My name is Jennifer I am 30 years and married to my high school sweetheart for 10 years, we've been together for 15. We have 2 children. Hannah is 12 and Abby is 7 ( her middle name is Rain, Rain because it was raining ( for me) and box of rain is her daddy's fav). We are a very anti-mainstream family. We homeschooled for 8 years, we are homebith/unassited birth advocates, we cook and eat as healthy as possible, we wore our kids, co-slept, selective vaxxed, treat illness naturally, we are ttc and planning another unassisted birth, we are American expats living in Romania, we love to travel, and visit foreign countries, we love music and Hanah and Abby both have been to many cool shows already. Hannah's first was Bob Dylan and Abby's was Phish. We are a very family oriented family..... Well thats us. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Hello my Romanian sister!!!  (I think we must have been seperated at birth.) LOL   Thanks for all of your help!!!
Jennifer7206
by Group Owner on Jul. 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Quoting leelee77:

My name is Leah I currently live in Utah. I am happily married to my husband Tyson. I have three amazing boys Gentry, Travler and Jabez who was my first little homebirth baby.
Hi Leah!  Thanks for replying, it's so nice to meet you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)