Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Introduce Yourselves and Your Grateful Families!

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell us about yourself!  We would love to see pictures of you and your family!  Please feel free to share whatever you want! 

Nature Loving, Grateful Dead Playing, Hippie Mama

by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Replies (61-63):
HaydensMom178
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Yeah, me neither!  LOL  Very groovy!

Quoting MamaMulder:

Quoting HaydensMom178:

Hey, mommas!  I'm Chasity.  I'm 22, SAHM with our son Hayden.  He'll be 2 in June.  In May, it'll make three years my hubby and I have been married.  I've been in this group for a while  now, but I never introduced myself because I kept getting sidetracked looking at everyone's profiles!  LOL  Anyway.  I hadn't heard the Dead until I was watching the show "Freaks and Geeks."  In the final episode, the main character becomes introduced to the Dead by her guidance counselor and she ends up leaving town with some other Deadheads to follow them around for shows.  (It was set in 1980.)  They played "Box of Rain" and "Ripple" at the end.  When I heard those songs, they made me feel so light and happy, I just had to find them!  So, I bought the CD and I've been loving it ever since!  I listen to it all the time-when I'm happy or sad or stressed-it has the same effect on me every time.  If I'm sad or frustrated or stressed, it always makes me feel better.  When I'm happy, I put it on and just sway to the music and sing all the songs.  I even introduced my husband, Rolan, to it.  When I put it on in the car, Hayden starts swaying back and forth in his car seat!  LOL  I think his favorite is "Box of Rain."  We live in Louisiana.  We're not very organic or anything, we just really embrace the core values of acceptance and kindness to everyone, no matter what.  That's how we want to raise our son-to always be kind and to love and accept anyone, no matter what.  Anyway, that's me and my family.  Glad to be here! 

Wow, I had no idea that we were so close in age! Happy to have you as a part of the group! =)

Emma0420
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Hey everyone, My name is Emma and I am mom to an awesome little chic named Audie. She is 4. She has recently went to her first festival last summer and loves it. We plan on going to about 4 more this summer. I love read and write and of course listen to music. I am a beer drinking, laid back, festival going, bartending in concert venue, freedom, motorcycle riding, peace loving mama. I like anything to do with the above. I am also a full time college student and WAH mom. My best friend is Audie she puts things in to perspective sometimes. I guess it just takes an innocent mind to see things how they really are.

Mommy to Audie Jayne, 4 years old!girl giving flower

http://www.gogreenwebcast.com/informnow

BearlyXen
by New Member on May. 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Hey now, Mommas!

My name is Bear (my mother alone calls me Claire), and started touring when I was still in the belly.  After my parents split when I was in kindergarten we stopped going to shows.  So, I have no memory of seeing Jerry......but, Dead is the lifeblood pulsing through my veins.  I never forsaw that I'd be SO overprotective of my LO and haven't been to a show with him since he was in my belly.  (We did do some Bobby and DSO when he was still in the belly though, and he went crazy boogying to some Drums! <3

My son is 21 months, by the way, and we hope to see y'all out on tour soon?! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)