Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, Hayden finally did it!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

I'm so excited!!!  Hayden is just now walking up a storm!! LOL  He'll be 2 in June.  He'd taken his first steps in September, but after a couple of close calls between his face and our concrete floor (Rolan caught him right before he hit both times), he seemed to go backward.  He refused to walk other than with us holding his hands.  Despite what his speech therapist was saying, we refused to push him.  We figured he'll do it when he's ready-even if we did push him, he wasn't going to do it until HE was ready.  On January 30th, I took him for a checkup with his plastic surgeon and in the waiting room of the Plastics Clinic, there's this table with the colored wires and the colored beads on the wires they push (don't know the name of it).  Anyway, I put him standing by himself at the table (he's used to that) and sat down to watch him.  The next thing I knew, he just started walking all over the room!  LOL  I couldn't believe it.  I kept watching him and laughing out loud, and blinking back my tears.  I never got to sit down again after that and I enjoyed every minute of it!!!!  LOL  BTW, after the doctor looked in his mouth, he was screaming his head off, so I'd just put him standing up again.  When I did, the doctor was talking to me, meanwhile, Hayden's just walking right outta there!!!! LMAO  It was just SO hilarious.  He was just like, "See ya!"  LOL  So funny!  Now, he's just walking everywhere.  He's had a few falls (inevitable now that he's walking), but I believe he's gotten over his fears of it now.  When I pick him up after he falls, he just wants to get back down to walk some more!  Even if it makes him cry, he still wants to just walk while he's crying!  LOL  He's such a brave little guy!  We're so proud of him!  Ah, it's so true:  Good things come to those who wait!  It was definitely worth the wait! 

Chasity Hobson
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RippledBegonias
by Member on Feb. 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM

aww congrats Haydden!!

Jessyca *AP'*Crunchy* Mama to Matthew & Annika

Grateful Dead BearsThere is a road, no simple highway,Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,That path is for your steps alone.

MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Feb. 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM

That's great mama!! You are right, relaxation time will now be few far and in between. Congrats on your little guys first big steps!!

merrybee
by Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:23 AM

yay!

HaydensMom178
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Thanks, Grateful Mommas, for taking the time to read and reply! 

dancingttc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)