Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring/Summer

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

Hello Grateful mamas!

The group has been really slow for a while. So I am not sure how many even check in anymore?!

Just wondering what everyone's spring and summer plans are for this year?! Are you planning on traveling? If so where? Anyone hitting up any shows or festies??

Love to all!!

by on Mar. 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2sunz
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I'll go...

Traveling a little mostly to visit family in MN.  Real exciting eh?  Oh..I'm going to Hawaii on the 19th of this month.  That'll be AWESOME!  Music wise just seeing the Dead on May 9th in LA.  I am hoping that Phish will announce some West coast shows, but whateva...if not..no biggie.

I agree..it has been really slow around here lately.

Laura

MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Quoting my2sunz:

I'll go...

Traveling a little mostly to visit family in MN.  Real exciting eh?  Oh..I'm going to Hawaii on the 19th of this month.  That'll be AWESOME!  Music wise just seeing the Dead on May 9th in LA.  I am hoping that Phish will announce some West coast shows, but whateva...if not..no biggie.

I agree..it has been really slow around here lately.

I am hoping to travel to MN this summer too. We are going to 10klf for our anniversary/vacation. Hawaii-Lucky you! Hope you have a great time!

Other than that I will be doing a lot of gardening, camping, hiking, and being outside in general! I cant wait for the warm weather to hit!! I get to see Railroad Earth on the 29th of this month and cant wait! I really need some live music to free me, 3 months is a long time without! So I am very excited about that. Hoping by then it is warm enough that I can bust out my skirts and sandals! =)

PhunkyGoddess
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Going to see phish at alpine and deercreek.   we are taking our 6 year old, so wish us luck.  this will be our 1st road trip with him and I'm hoping it will go well.

other than that we'll probably just do a lot of camping. 

we usually go to phillie for halloween, so hopefully the rumor that phish is doing their halloween show there is true.

MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Good luck, mama! At 6 years old Im sure it will go smoothly. Especially him being a Phish phan himself!! :) I have taken my oldest son to two festivals both when he was under 3 years old. He really enjoyed them. This time I am taking BOTH of my sons. I'm a bit, well A LOT nervous about it. One will be 5 and the other 2 and a half. Now my hubby has started talking about late night shows, and I just wanted to slap him. LOL! There is NO way we can get the kids to sleep in there kiddie tents at late night shows. Let alone carry them back to the campground....Anyways, thanks for listening to my little vent, because my hubby wont! LOL!

PhunkyGoddess
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM

LOL   anytime

my son has been to a few shows over the years, its the car trip I'm worried about. 

JASMamma
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM
I wish I could go to a show. I really REALLY wanted to, but we're on such a tight budget that I couldn't justify spending $100 on a ticket. I'm sad. I was so looking forward to tour.

Instead, I'm just focusing on finishing up my classes and trying to find a job for at least the summer.
Have A Grateful Day!

Tee's Home Doings Blog: http://teeshomedoings.blogspot.com/

HaydensMom178
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Well, I'd LOVE to go to a show or a concert!  I've never been to one before in my life.  However, there's never anyone especially good that comes to Louisiana!  LOL  We wouldn't mind driving a few hours, but I don't think we'd cross the state lines.  That's just a little much.  Anyhoo....as for spring and summer plans:  In a couple of weeks, it will be our 3-year anniversary!  YAY!  Rolan's taking the whole week off of work so we can all spend it together!  I'm so excited-I've been counting the days on the calendar!  haha The last time he took that much time off of work was when Hayden was born-and it wasn't exactly mellow, as you can imagine!  So, we'll go out and spend the day somewhere (the 3 of us) for our anniversary.  The rest of the time, Rolan plans on hanging out at home in our pjs, having movie marathons and eating fast food!  haha  Hayden's birthday will be in June, so we're planning on barbequing outside-hotdogs and hamburgers.  We're so excited for him to turn 2!  It'll be on a Saturday (luckily), and we're checking into getting all kinds of Seasame Street stuff (that's the theme) for his little party!    So far, that's what we've got.  There isn't really much else we celebrate during the spring and summer....we'll probably be spending more days going to Lafayette on the weekend, though, just because it'll be so nice out now!  Up until recently, it was still freezing cold one day and then really hot the next!  I'm looking forward to beautiful sunny days, flowers blooming, light breezes across our faces, ice cream, stuff like that.  I'm so excited!

MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Apr. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Quoting HaydensMom178:

In a couple of weeks, it will be our 3-year anniversary!  YAY!  

Hayden's birthday will be in June, so we're planning on barbequing outside-hotdogs and hamburgers. 

Happy early anniversary!!

What day is Haydens b-day? Matt, Dominic and I are all in June too. Almost a full family of Geminis until our little Sagittarius came along. :)

Matt is the 5th, Dom is the 13th, and I am the 17th. June is my favorite month by far!! <3

Emma0420
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Audie and I are going to hit like 4 festivals. We found a great little place in NE Ohio called Nelson Ledges Quarry Park. They host a festival almost every weekend of the summer. Memorial Day weekend is Badfish! I am sooo excited. We are also going to Forecastle to see the Black Crowes.I figured we would stay away from teh bigger festivals this year. They aren't very cost effective in this economy and very hot and long walks for her 4 year old legs. Other than festivals we live by the public pool so I think we will be hitting it almost everyday. I want to get a healthy sunshine glow and feel the wind in my hair by doing some riding! Audie's dad is a complete biker. BUt what goes better hand in hand than a Hippie and a Biker!

and yes my walls are bright yellow! It makes for a sunshiney day in our house even when it is raining out!

Mommy to Audie Jayne, 4 years old!girl giving flower

http://www.gogreenwebcast.com/informnow

Emma0420
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Try this. Istead of spending that much on one show go to www.jambase.com and chceck out what is going on in your local festival scene. Pay $50 to $100 to see several bands and camp too! I know some parents are scared to take their kids but most festivals are family friendly and have a quiet place to camp! You will have fun and if you don't want to tkae the kids, PARTY YOUR BUTT OFF!!!

Mommy to Audie Jayne, 4 years old!girl giving flower

http://www.gogreenwebcast.com/informnow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN