Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bed Time Songs

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

..mamas, what do u sing to ur lil ones at bed time? Veda is partial to "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel. I KNOW! I KNOW! It has the word "whores" in it, buuuuuuut.... lol.

..melissa
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaMulder
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I have always been partial to Sugaree as a lullaby. I believe I started singing it to my first son before we were even out of the hospital. I also always sing them The Little Red Caboose, my grandma always sang it to me when I was young, and it brings back fond memories. As well as making me feel as if I am able to share a bit of her with them through their lullabies. :)

My oldest sons room is right off of mine.(where my computer is) I have a nighttime play list set up for him that he falls asleep to each night. A lot of the songs on there really aren't lullabyish, just some of his favorite picks. Like Wolfmans Brother-Phish, Tennessee Jed-gd, Freakshow-Keller(this is his fav, lol) Soulshine-Warren Haynes. I also threw some of my bedtime picks in there like Bid You Goodnight-gd, Shennendoah Lullaby-Jerry and David, and some tracks off of a Sounds of the Rainforest disc I bought from Goodwill. :) 

JASMamma
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 7:42 AM

You guys are gonna laugh, but my son wouldn't respond to Grateful Dead as a lullaby back when he was little (he'll be 17 in May).  The song that put my son to sleep was Pearl Jam's "Evenflow".  I should've known then that he'd stop being my hippie child and turn into a metalhead by his teens.  LOL

Have A Grateful Day!
BearlyXen
by New Member on May. 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM

My Poppa sang me "I Will Take You Home" and I now sing it for my DS.  Except I make it from a momma to son.  Often I sing Ripple because I actually know all the words and don't get lost (ha) and Sugaree, and Bid You Goodnight. 

We don't do too many lullibys these days....but he likes to strum his guitar and beat his djembe while I play guitar and sing.

AnGeLsPenCer
by New Member on May. 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Unfortunately, neither of my kids inherited my love of the Dead!! Or any other jam band:(  But they both love the Beatles. Riley loves anything from The Magical Mystery Tour and Andrew is partial to Abbey Road. What they both like are the little songs I make up out of nothing. Given the chance, I would sing them China Cat but they would boo me out of the room!!

eatapeach
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 1:41 AM

..i sympathise, now, mama..lol. veda is now partial to tool and various other metal bands that daddy listens to.

Quoting AnGeLsPenCer:

Unfortunately, neither of my kids inherited my love of the Dead!! Or any other jam band:(  But they both love the Beatles. Riley loves anything from The Magical Mystery Tour and Andrew is partial to Abbey Road. What they both like are the little songs I make up out of nothing. Given the chance, I would sing them China Cat but they would boo me out of the room!!

"Happiness Comes From Within; Do Not Seek It Without"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)