Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Destroyed By God

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Daily Devotions
                      Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust:
                                                                         Psalm 143:8

If we want to please God, then we need to find out what doesn't please him and then not do it. It's very easy to find out what God wants when we go this way. He's not a God of confusion. There are a few things in the Bible that God destroyed because of.  If God would destroy because of these, then you can bet that he doesn't want us doing these things.
The first one is found in 1 Corinthians 3:17- If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. God wants us to keep our bodies holy for him.
The second one is found in 1 Corinthians 1:19- For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. When we put our wisdom above that of the Lord,thinking we know better than God, he will surely do something about it.
The third one is found in 1 John 5:16- If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. We can be destroyed for repetitious sinning.
The next one is found in Proverbs 29:1- He, that being often reproved hardeneth hisneck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. If you resist the truth, eventually God will stop sending it.
The last one is found in 1 Corinthians 10:9- Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. We all know how complaining grates on the nerves. God himself will only take so much complaining.
Remember, doing what we should for God means working according to his laws. I want to stimulate your heart to search the scriptures. He gave us a little insight into the things that he just cannot stand. If we are wise, we'll take the hint!
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)