Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feed My Sheep

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:58 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

Daily Devotions
                      Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust:
                                                                         Psalm 143:8

Sometimes we get so confused at to what God wants for us to do with our children. In todays generation, most of the homes across America just put up with their kids. They give them what they want, have them in school or enrolled in sports, get them the games and the movies they want or let them watch a ton of television, and sometimes they'll spend a few hours a week with them and think "I've done my duty". Then they wonder why their kids went so wrong.

God wants us to get ahold of our children's hearts and lead them to him. Not just let them grow up with the world having ahold of their hearts. Here's a good way to tell- what do they think of constantly? If you take that away, do they get mad? If it's something worldly, that's what has their heart!
So, how do we get ahold of our children's heart?. Quality time and quantity time? That would help. We must remember what Jesus said to Peter. John 21:17- He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him,Feed my sheep.
Christ asked Peter 3 times and answered him the same way 3 times. Do you love me? Yes, Lord, I love you! This is how you show me that you love me- Feed my sheep. He's not talking physically here. He's talking spiritually. Do you want to get your child's heart? Feed it the Word of God! When his sin nature rises up, make sure there is so much Scripture in his heart that you don't have to worry whether his "conscience" is doing it's job. 
As a general rule, I don't like my kids going where I can't go. I try to be with them and their friends. I get into every part of their lives. I'm not talking being annoying- a parent can be just as fun as a kid's friends. They want you around. If you can get into their lives, you can get into their hearts. That takes time, trust, patience, and the ability not to fly off the handle all the time when they make a mistake (boy, do I need the Lord's grace with this one!).
Song of Solomon 1:8- If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
Here you go, mother, this says for the lady to feed her kids. I think it's funny that he says kids here, not sheep or lambs. I don't think that was a mistake. I think God put that in there on purpose.
Acts 20:18- Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 
God entrusted these precious souls to you, which he shed his blood for, and he wants you to be sure to feed them!
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)