Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Shall Not Want

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

Daily Devotions

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust:
                                                          Psalm 143:8

David was very close to God. He was not only a shepherd, but he was also a sheep. He knew the occupation from both ends of the spectrum. When you think about that as you read Psalms 23, it gives it to you in a whole new light.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Here, David is telling us that he knows the shepherd's job and that with God as his shepherd he is certain his needs will be met.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. Sheep want a green place to rest and a shepherd who will give them their needs. Here, he says he won't want for a place to rest or a drink. We all know the Bible is the living waters!
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  God will make sure we are restored spiritually and he'll lead us where we need to go so that we'll become what we should be. He says that he won't want for restoration or a guide.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Sometimes the righteousness of God leads us through some pretty rough places, but we don't have to fear because God hasn't left us. We won't want for safety or protection. But we also won't want for correction! That's what the rod is for!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. God makes sure that we have the food that we need. It may not be a buffet, but it'll take care of the hunger pangs. You won't want for food or for God's blessings. The Holy Spirit is given to us at salvation and he gives us blessing that sometimes we don't even notice.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. There'll be some troubles and trials, true. But, they won't last forever. God'll make sure there's goodness and mercy in there- you won't want for it. But, he goes even further! All the days of your life aren't that long. So, he makes sure you have an eternal resting place with him forever!
Wow! God is good! He takes care of us through life and into death. What more can you ask from your shepherd?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)